Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo 2.5 16V V6

woodyd02

Hi just got my self a v6 mondeo can any one tell me of any well none problems the car can have she's done 107.000

Hi just got my self a v6 mondeo can any one tell me of any well none problems the car can have she's done 107.000

mate that doesn't really make sense.try again

• Like 1

mate that doesn't really make sense.try again

I think it was he meant well known problems.

• Like 2

Welcome to the club Paul :)

I think it was he meant well known problems.

That was my guess, too, but I still don't understand '2.5 16V V6'; that'll be the less popular 2.6666667 valves per cylinder engine, won't it :D

In any case, if you want a useful answer to the original question, you might want to tell what year and spec the car is, as that doesn't define it very clearly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ok girls claws in so i made a few mistakes on my introw carm down

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Its likely meant in tongue and cheek, I would take it with a pinch of salt :)

If you can offer more details such as the year, model, fuel, mileage etc and then we can offer a bit more help. Also if you can advise of the service history.

• Like 1

ok james hear we go mk 3 53 plate one of the first face lift model's in that year mondeo ghia x 2.5 24V V6 FFSH 11 staps in book 107.000 miles . the car run's sweet as a nut just would like to no of any problems it might suffer with if you can help that would be grate thx

Thanks for the info Paul,

So the engine I believe is the best part of bullet proof, I havent really heard of any issues directly there. However, some members with slightly different engines (stooge) has had issues where he has needed new injectors amongst other things.

Unfortunately the MK3 is not my strongpoint, and so I cant offer you a lot of information, however there are a good bunch of guys here with a lot more knowledge on them!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, I've had my 53 plate Zetec S for 7 years, and like others have said before, the engine is bullet proof but watch out for a bit of misfire and bogging down when it's time to change the HT leads and plugs and a nice KN filter helps its breathing (anyone else notice that the engine doesn't decelerate as well when you lift off with an after market filter fitted?). I've changed both rear hubs, easy 20-25 min job per side, both front springs have been changed, and to be frank, it's never handled right since (which is my major gripe!) and the rear bushes could do with changing. The brakes can be a bit soft, but I've found knocking the ABS off and 10 mins of harder braking soon sorts that out. On the touchy subject of fuel efficiency....it's just not! I average 25 MPG on my daily run into Belfast from Bangor, and only reach the sunny side of 29 mpg when the engine governess is sitting in the passenger seat! Unfortunately 99 octane petrol hasn't reached NI yet (they think that 97 is super unleaded :sleepy:) so it's filled up with the good stuff when I'm home in Scotland....and it does make a BIG difference.

After changing the plugs yesterday, I'm having a visit from the chimney sweep from Terraclean NI so will post the results to see if they rounds up any lost horses.

All things considered, it is getting a bit long in the tooth...the rust has appeared along both front door sills, and she does creak...but would I swap it for the mediocrity and 55 mpg of her-in-doors A4....no chance!

Happy motoring! :driving:

Thx for the info steve . ive only had her about three months now no problems with her so far shes in for a mot tomorow so fingers crossed .be interested to see what the results are like after the terraclean im thiking of having it done my self only thing is the nearest feller doing terraclean is 80 miles away let us no haw you get on chears.

be careful with the ol terraclean thing mate. i had my 4 injectors done a while back & right after,all 4 failed(£600 bill).

Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing,but something you might wanna think twice about.& I know Ive read all the reviews etc, just make sure you have some spare cash in case. could be that my injectors were so bad they needed replacing anyway,but..............food for thought

I would have thought that if there was damage as a result of terraclean, they should fix the problem? if that means replacing four injectors, then they should do that shouldnt they?

I would have thought that if there was damage as a result of terraclean, they should fix the problem? if that means replacing four injectors, then they should do that shouldnt they?

try proving its the terraclean that did it. theyre absolved from this liability. I actually kinda understand that point as they wouldnt want any one coming in with failing injectors etc(even intermittently failing injectors) & claiming the terraclean did damage.

those injectors lasted since new on the car for 118k though so not all bad lol

when i had 4 new ones fitted,he showed me my old ones disassembled & the little discs at top wouldnt rotate.very sticky. he couldnt pinpoint the actual reason why they do this as he said it only takes a few microns out & voila,no worky

• Like 1

True point I guess! good old fights that you need to prove these faults. As you say 118k out of the originals isnt a bad deal, but never the less, you could do with that money in your pocket!

When someone does buy your car though, they are in for a treat!

I know. The only thing this car needs doing is rear subframe bushes,& i have 1 with poly bushes ready to fit but im puttin it off as just had 4w tracking done & gettin too long in the tooth to pay for it all over again. I'll just include it with car. I have it on dundee gumtree but only getting anonymous silly offers. Got to the point where im not entertaining anything unless they give me an address / landline no

If it gets to the point where i find a 330d/530d i can afford i'll keep mk3 & customize the hell out of it. Tastefully though lol

lol, well hopefully you can find a mixed bag of offers.

• 6 years later...

Hi I have recently bought an 57 plate mondeo 2.5 and the alternator belt has snapped due to being over worked by a faulty battery what I was unaware of and the oil filter wasn't the best they have all been replaced but the engine is making a knocking noise since this has happened and the mechanic I use isn't clued up with these engines. Any help would be much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club