Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Software Update

maschenazi

Hi
Today my car got its first 12500 miles service. I asked them if they could do a software update as well and they said no problem. But when I collected my car they said there is no newer software available for my car.
I have checked on Ford Etis website and there are few software upgrades available for my car.
So, did I get a lazy mechanic to service my car or is Etis wrong ??
I have ROM version 1304 installed on my car at the moment.

See attached screenshot.

post-47858-0-29183300-1383200675_thumb.j

Welcome to the club - I would say that it depends what firmware he was looking at? PCM, Instrument Cluster, ECU or radio...

Give them a call and find out what they refer to?

Welcome to the club - I would say that it depends what firmware he was looking at? PCM, Instrument Cluster, ECU or radio...

Give them a call and find out what they refer to?

Thanks for the quick response.

They actually said there was no update for any of them

bit of free advice. DONT get your injector calibration updated. Ford are now saying a lot of Mondeo's are having problems with injectors after updating calibration files.even though your car is low mileage & I wouldnt think it would make a difference anyway. All 4 of my injectors failed not long after I had mines updated(matter of weeks)!

when you say etis thats just the standard menu mate. Its in case a new module etc has to be fitted/calibrated.

actually I'd go so far as to say get nothing updated at all. If its working ok,leave it alone mate.upto you though,but my car was running A-ok then I wondered if a calibration would help fuel economy. It certainly didnt help my economy lol. even before I made the appointment,I was kinda warned about some of the problems Ford were having regarding injector calibration-updates,but I thought "Nah that wont happen to me".

Famous last words eh

• Like 1

Call them up and ask what they have recorded as the version of software seen on the car. Then point them to this resource. Alternatively, call another dealer, tell them you want to bring your car in for an update. Give them the version numbers and see if they confirm they are the next for your car.

where on etis are you seeing updates? or give me your vin in PM & i'll tell you if I see any on etis(full version)

where on etis are you seeing updates? or give me your vin in PM & i'll tell you if I see any on IDS

Thanks. I sent you a PM with the VIN number.

I see updates in Etis after entering your reg. number go to "vehicle software" in the top menu. See attachment from the first post as well.

so are further updates available for your model? and does this infact make Ford wrong? :p

haha they're 'never wrong'.thats the thing no-one knows until his car is plugged in & showing any updates done. since his is a euro5 2012 i think,i wouldnt be surprised if there isnt any just now,& if there is,it'll be a b*****it optional update that'll make no difference whatsoever(ie ABS)

someone in Fords ears just pricked up at the sound of his £70 rustling lol

• Like 1

so are further updates available for your model? and does this infact make Ford wrong? :p

Sorry, I had a busy week and didn't have time to ask. It could well be as Stooge75 suggested in his post above. I will update as soon as I know more.

well if there is anything, do let us know! it might be handy for others! :)

• 5 months later...

Hello All,

I've question, is it possible to upgrade software in Mondeo from 2004? it's EURO 4 Stage Emissions.

Thanks

Yes but not a good idea. Why would you want to? On some euro4's you can run into problems after the update re injectors etc

Your main dealer will probably tell you this also

I know that there is some risks, but I've spoke with friend of main and he said, upgrade is good for engine and other electronics parts also. Turbo will be better and timing of injectors will be better too...

Hi, Wouldn't be surprised if you got a lazy mechanic ? The first 4 FULL service's mine had at well known Ford dealer all they did was change the oil?, I prefer good family owned garages who are true to there word and value your custom.

Dealers are much like the cars they sell - either overrates and expensive, with more problems than they are worth, really good value and you get what you pay for, or a bit of both, Expensive, but you get what you pay for!

Mine falls into the rare breed, where they can be expensive, but generally are very well priced, but they look after me and my cars, and the experience I get is no worse than going to a private garage who really love there customers!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm curious about whether my 2010 mondeo would require a software update to any of the modules.

According to ETIS, there is one available for the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Is ETIS correct that there are no further updates for any modules in my car? Or is there another way to tell what updates are available based off the VIN number alone?

cheers.

It's best to contact the dealer and they can check directly on their software ids

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club