Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reduced Mpg

jynxy

Hi, not had the car long, when i first got this i was getting approx 500 miles to a full tank, now i seem be getting approx 400 miles

its a 1.8tdci 55 reg

i have recently serviced this.

Crossland air filter

Crossland oil filter

Castrol oil (a1 spec)

Crossland fuel filter

Crossland pollen filter

denso glow plugs.

I have looked for vacum leaks etc which i cannot find, although i hear a small sucking noise when i take me foot of the pedal. only lasts a second or two.

first and second gears dont feel as quick as i used to, get about 20mph out of first and 40mph out of second, im sure this was faster before.

no error codes using the reader i have.

egr valve blocked of egr end.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

It may just be the cold. I have the same engine on a 57 plate and mines dropped from 51 to 49. and my driving style hasnt changed.

I remeber last winter it dropped to 45MPG

After a service, the car needs to start getting used to the new conditions. It can take many more tanks for the ECU to adjust to the new values. You can either wait it out, and let it build up (I estimate 4 - 5 tanks before your at optimum) or you can reset the ECU (this would give you LESS miles in the start but would be back to strength in about 3-4 tanks minimum).

I would say resetting the ECU (although you get less miles at the start) is the best bet as it allows you to get the car to learn from scratch and makes it more likely to benefit long term.

Hi, guys thanks for the replies.

I have reset the ecu, so will see what happens with that.

How responsive is your first and second gears, is there much acceleration, lag etc.

Thanks

given the difference in temp now and the fact he diesel willtake a while to heat up thats likely the answer here these posts pop up every time the weather changes and temperature drops sometimes its easy to over complicate a very normal situation

yes sounds normal for drop to cold weather,every diesel I have ever owned did this what I did notice was that it seemed to happen around the time when the diesel changed to winter diesel at the pump.

i find that first gear is slow and laggy but 2nd is quite responsive the turbo kicks in fairly fast. overall cant complain about the transmission at this point. i only have 50K on th clock at the mo and do mostly motorway driving though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club