Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000Cd Pairing With Phone.

Birchy

Could someone please help, I recently bought a second hand ford focus 2006. It has the above radio system but I am having trouble connecting my iPhone. On my iPhone's bluetooth it finds ford audio system but doesn't seem to connect. No code comes up on the radio to type in. It does not have an advanced menu option in the menu settings to turn the bt on or off. Please help. Thanks in advance.

The code query would pop up on the phone (not the radio), the code is "0000".

Maybe the list of bonded phones is already full, and you need to delete it (via voice control).

I tried that but it still did not connect. I don't think the car has voice control. I found it strange that I there was not an option to turn the bluetooth on or off in the radio's menu.

The 6000cd does not have bluetooth as standard, it may have been an optional extra but with an extra module/ hardware - the "phone" logo is just to mute the sound,

Thanks, so just to confirm, even though I have the phone symbol on the radio & my bluetooth on the phone is picking up either ford audio or hands free, it still more than likely won't work??

It will work (eventually) if you are picking up your car. If you are picking up another Ford's bluetooth, it won't. So check your surroundings next time. Another hint is the voice control button on the audio remote stalk.

Sorry pic didn't work! It says

Pairing unsuccessful, makes sure hands free is turned on, (FOCA - AND ACTUALLY EXISTS) in range and ready to pair.

i added a little bit just for you

I have the 6000cd in my Mondeo, i had to fit a Parrot kit to get bluetooth on it (the 6000cd does not recieve bluetooth as standard-)

so some have bluetooth and some don't

The 2002 600CD iis a completely differnet unit, bluetooth was not even available from factory by then. The 2006 6000 was available with optional bluetooth (as a separate module, so the radio looks the same with or without).

Easy answer is- If you don't have a voice button on the radio stalk and a small round grille near the courtesy light then you don't have bluetooth fitted.

Also if when you press the phone logo buttons on the radio and it just mutes then that's another pointer.

Thanks. All of the above is applicable to me. No Bluetooth then, find it strange that my phone can pick up a hands free though.

Try it in a different location, far away from any cars/ houses/ people/ phones/ bluetooth headxets/ bluetooth devices inc. computers etc and see if you are still picking it up (you may have been picking up someone else's bluetooth device )

Try switching the head unit off/ disconnecting the power and see if you are still picking it up

if you got someone to stand with your phone while you drive away in the car and its still picking up the signal (100m range) then it won't be your car/ head unit it is picking up

• 5 years later...

I have the same issue. I purchased a small bluetooth add on device, fitted it to my Ford 6000CD and it connects but provides no audio!

I know it connects to my device because I connected it to aux power when the key is in position 1. Only connects when key is turned to 1.

Why no audio?

• 4 months later...

Hi I have a 56 plate focus has the voice control button and also in the adv menu it is saying bluetooth is on but not picking it up at all on my iPhone . Tried the deboding of other phones but after the bluetooth is on in car then press the phone yield to find debonding menu it just goes back to the radio any helpers please would be greatly appreciated 

kind regards 

ash 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2012 ford mondeo tdci and recently purchased a new Samsung phone however it won't pair with my car due to previous phone installed. How do I debond my phone and pair the new one. 

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club