Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk 4 2007 Stereo

Portlander

Hi - welcome to the club

You can get a Parrot kit that will fit on the Ford head unit so you can use Blutooth phones on it, - it comes with a mic and the sound comes through the Speakers, all you see is a little control box - you can fit a cradle/ charger for your phone too - it integrates nicely with the existing stereo/ works quite well

Alternatively you can change the existing head unit to a more modern one with bluetooth you can get ones with sat- nav/ dvd players/ reversing camera input/ usb / sd readers touch screen etc - you will need a 2- din fitting kit/ hardware to do this

Some 1.8 TDCIs have DPFs (diesel particulate filters) some dont, these can give trouble, best to have it removed when it starts playing up (if fitted) rather than wasting mony on deplecement DPFs/ eloys fluid (if required) - there are some firms that can do a replacement exhaust with phisical and electronic DPF removal, and a remap, this will increase the performance, economy and also the reliability of the car

Apart from the DPF, one of the other things liable to give trouble is the DMF (dual mass flywheel) this could last for 50k or less, or 100k or more (more than 100k is less likely- but even then it will need replacing eventually) - it can be expensive to do (both parts and labour)

The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) can give trouble - the valves can leak, and even if its working fine can cause flat spots, hesitation, and contaminate the ilet manifold untill its removed and cleaned out

note:- DMFs, DPFs and EGRs are used and can give trouble on most modern diesels of all makes, not just Ford/ the Mondeo

Hey mate. In order to do a factory job you would need to change the indicator stalk along with the radio to go bluetooth. It's a lot of work and money. I had a focus and for the final 4 months o owned it I had a Novero "the truly one" installed. This kit also streams music through the stereo and was a brilliant piece of kit. Also worth noting that Novero are the company that have the contract for the factory install of bluetooth in Ford cars. They are better than parrot. I've had three of those kits. Finally, I now have a Mondy with integrated bluetooth and can sell you the Novero if you like. I also have the ISO lead to fit your radio which allows you to just plug it right in and off you go. If interested PM me

Hey mate. In order to do a factory job you would need to change the indicator stalk along with the radio to go bluetooth. It's a lot of work and money. I had a focus and for the final 4 months o owned it I had a Novero "the truly one" installed. This kit also streams music through the stereo and was a brilliant piece of kit. Also worth noting that Novero are the company that have the contract for the factory install of bluetooth in Ford cars. They are better than parrot. I've had three of those kits. Finally, I now have a Mondy with integrated bluetooth and can sell you the Novero if you like. I also have the ISO lead to fit your radio which allows you to just plug it right in and off you go. If interested PM me �

Parrot +1

Each to their own I guess. But I have to say I once had a parrot ck3100 which was super and I can't fault. I made a mistake in upgrading to the mki9200 for audio streaming capability and it was a mare. While the kit itself looked beautiful it performed horrendously. The main problem was the remote for navigating the menus and answering calls. Totally unresponsive. Forums a mile long on there website with unhappy customers with the same problem.

I have a Ford 6000CD in my mk3, it has the stalk/ wheel mounted remote, ive had the Parrot ck3000 fitted to it with a cradle/ charger, i have a wee collection of phones, and it works pefectly with all of them (one at a time, though)

the 6000CD works well (the colum mounted remote is very slick)/ and the hands fee works well and sounds clean/ clear and it does not attract attention - thats why ive kept it so long

When it finally gives up the ghost, i plan to fit a double- din unit with a 5 or 7" touch screen, sat-nav, bluetooth, dvd player built in, USB (jukebox) and SD card input, rear camera input, im going to fit front and rear cameras with HD and IR, and a specal type of recorder with motion detector that will protect the car 24-7

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club