Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whistleing When I Hit 2000 Revs And Black Smoke

mickmck

hi , im new to the site , im looking for any help i can get , i have a focus 1800 tdci estate , not had the car long when i noticed it was whistleing when it got just over 2000 revs and had black smoke coming out the exhaust,and a warning light came on the dash , i googled it and was pointed in the direction of a split turbo pipe witch it was, i replaced this from the ford dealership for £54 , the car has been running fine since , now ive been to manchester today and on the way back it stated again , warning light on , whistleing and black smoke . i pulled in at the services and checked the pipe and it seems fine , can anyone tell me what it could be this time ?? any other pipes that could be split ?

Try checking further down towards the intercooler.

There's another rubber section there that may have gone like the upper part did.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

cheers stoney ill have a look at that , fingers crossed :D

Alternatively if its neither of these, check the pipe itself. My CMAX had an issue where the pipe itself split (see the guide in the signature for replacement) that will show you what to look out for. Not necessarily exactly the same but should help you get an idea of what to look for :)

ive had a good look today and it seems to be the lower pipe thats gone now so will be replacing it in the morning , will let you know how it goes

well it was the lower pipe that was split , bit of a chew on getting to it , had to take the headlight out , but got it done so all good now , thanks for the advice fellas

Bit of a pain but glad it's sorted out.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Don't suppose you have any photos of the damage?

Did you follow a particular guide to help? was it a Haynes manual job or just a your own intuition job?

yes i did take a picture of the offending artical :o quite a big split , about 3 inch long , i never used a manual i just figured it out my self , was done in 25 - 30 mins , was just awkward :D

post-47875-0-64488500-1383591440_thumb.j

Ouch, thats one corker of a crack!

glad that you managed to get it sorted with some ease though!

Its probably due to me driving back from Manchester to Durham once it had split ' I had no choice I wasn't stopping once on the motorway