Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nexus 5

jamesm182

Has anyone else got themselves a Nexus 5 yet? Picked mine up today and I have to say I'm really impressed so far! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Just got my despatch email from CPW so should have it on Monday.

Which colour did you go for?

Just got my despatch email from CPW so should have it on Monday.

Which colour did you go for?

Went for a black one. Had a white galaxy s3 before hand and fancied a change! What about you?

White one, I like the fact it is not completely white, has a nice gloss black trim.

I have nearly always had a black phone, but loved the look of the HTC one in silver I had earlier this year, shame I couldn't get on with it for various reasons.

I have a black nexus 4 now, am only changing as my mum wants a new phone and really likes my n4. Gives me a good excuse to upgrade :D

I'll stick to my Sony phones ;)

P.S. Loving the new FOC app! I only come on the forums on my mobile and it's so much easier- if anyone's interested in downloading it go on your app store and search Ford OC

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Posting on the N5 now and my old N4 is already on kitkat and now in the hands of my 11 year old daughter lol. Awesome phone, but then I would say that as I'm a bit of an Android lover, had them since 2009. Nexus's are the best way to enjoy android, first thing I do is unlock boot loader/root etc, and already added some of my usual hacks, it is the only phone to have if you are interested in custom ROMs etc.

The low light performance of the camera is excellent - biggest plus for me as the N4 was to put it bluntly rubbish!

Posting on the N5 now and my old N4 is already on kitkat and now in the hands of my 11 year old daughter lol. Awesome phone, but then I would say that as I'm a bit of an Android lover, had them since 2009. Nexus's are the best way to enjoy android, first thing I do is unlock boot loader/root etc, and already added some of my usual hacks, it is the only phone to have if you are interested in custom ROMs etc.

The low light performance of the camera is excellent - biggest plus for me as the N4 was to put it bluntly rubbish!

I agree, the camera is a great improvement. Actually pretty decent now. Just got the 'OK Google' voice activation working. Didn't realise you have to set the voice search language as English US for some reason!

Loving this :D

• Like 1

Nexus 7 for me (Gen 1) and I love it :)

It's like a religion James and it looks like you have just been converted.:D

Haha well my wife has had a nexus 4 for a while and I've always been impressed with that. Always seemed to run so much better than my galaxy s3 with similar specs. I think it's partly to do with all the Samsung bloatware they put on!

thought I would post a pic of my Spigen ultra hybrid case that I received today. Very nice and came with a free Spigen screen protector, which is ultra thin and excellent quality. Absolute bargain at £7.98. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FJJ38HY/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

SSL22861_zpsa20af265.jpg
SSL22862_zpsad8fbced.jpg
SSL22863_zps76cbc93d.jpg

Looks smart. I don't have a proper case for it yet. It's still currently in a Sena Ultraslim Leather Pouch designed for my old S3 but it pokes out the top a little bit! I really like having my phones in pouches as I prefer using them with no case :)

It does feel nice out of a case, but I prefer a TPU style case for a bit of drop protection - I can also just chuck it ( not litterally lol) on the side/desk when I put it down, rather than having to baby it. I also always use a screen protector after a bad experience in the past with the N4 where I decided to take it off and 3 days later I scratched in without even knowing how it happened (must have been a grain of sand in my pocket, I RMA's it anyway as it has a crackly earpiece). If my phone got scratched anywhere it would REALLY irriate me and I would have to change it.

I know what you mean. To be honest I'm still undecided case-wise. I think I will put up with what I've got for another week or so and then invest in something.

Also that is one thing about pouches. They do give good scratch protection in your pocket without the need for a screen protector. I do like the idea of being able to casually put it down on my desk though! :)

Need to get myself a wireless charging pad they look awesome! B)

Looks smart. I don't have a proper case for it yet. It's still currently in a Sena Ultraslim Leather Pouch designed for my old S3 but it pokes out the top a little bit! I really like having my phones in pouches as I prefer using them with no case :)

I'm the same.

I have got it in an old HTC case at the moment, but doesn't quite fit properly. Got this coming:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G2DMAPM/

Well I was stressing as had no pouch/case - all I had was a piece of carbon effect vinyl on the back as a temp measure and still had the out of the box screen protector on - it was peeing me off as the "Nexus 5" got in the way all the time"lol

I have a wireless charging pad, got it for my N4 - Maxell Air Voltage I have it at the side of the bed and only use it at night. I still use a standard charger quite a bit, although the battery life on this thing is awesome - 5 hours screen on over 25 hours since charge and was on 16% so a days usage will be easily achieved.

The N4 had an ongoing issue that has never been fixed by google where the wireless charging service would randomly cause a wakelock and drain the battery in like 1/2 a day in standby if you didn't notice. The only way to ensure this didn't happen was to repower the phone after taking off the charger, I hope the N5 doesn't do this, but I think it may have done the other day to me. It caught me out a few times.

Edit: to be fair wireless charging is a bit of a gimmick IMO

I'm the same.

I have got it in an old HTC case at the moment, but doesn't quite fit properly. Got this coming:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00G2DMAPM/

Let me know what you think when you get it! It's just poking out a tiny bit from my S3 case at the moment!

Well I was stressing as had no pouch/case - all I had was a piece of carbon effect vinyl on the back as a temp measure and still had the out of the box screen protector on - it was peeing me off as the "Nexus 5" got in the way all the time"lol

I have a wireless charging pad, got it for my N4 - Maxell Air Voltage I have it at the side of the bed and only use it at night. I still use a standard charger quite a bit, although the battery life on this thing is awesome - 5 hours screen on over 25 hours since charge and was on 16% so a days usage will be easily achieved.

The N4 had an ongoing issue that has never been fixed by google where the wireless charging service would randomly cause a wakelock and drain the battery in like 1/2 a day in standby if you didn't notice. The only way to ensure this didn't happen was to repower the phone after taking off the charger, I hope the N5 doesn't do this, but I think it may have done the other day to me. It caught me out a few times.

Edit: to be fair wireless charging is a bit of a gimmick IMO

I know it's a bit of a gimmick but I'm a sucker for technology and I think it would be quite convenient on my desk at work and also by my bed. B)

I hope it doesn't have the issue you mentioned as that would spoil the wireless charging a little!

I'm quite impressed with the batter life too. It's easily lasting me a normal working day with moderate to heavy use and is still on 30 ish percent by around 11pm. I'm not sure why some of the reviews have been saying the battery life isn't that great. I was a little apprehensive about the battery life as I came from and S3 with the extended battery kit which used to just keep going and going but I must say I am very impressed!

I expect custom kernels (one of which I am already rocking) will extend the battery life even further. Can't really test battery life properly at the moment as I am flashing alot of stuff/backing up in recovery and stuff so that all canes battery.

I expect custom kernels (one of which I am already rocking) will extend the battery life even further. Can't really test battery life properly at the moment as I am flashing alot of stuff/backing up in recovery and stuff so that all canes battery.

Let me know how you get on. I have never really explored the idea of custom kernels!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club