Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tivct Cam Belt

Mr Singh

the cam belt on my mums 55 reg focus is due in 2 months. ford have said its every 8 years or 100,000 miles.

Benfield Ford on Kirkstall Road have quoted £332 and there other branch on York Road have quoted £420. the York Road dealer gave me a breakdown, they said it would need the cam belt kit, the aux and a/c belts, a cam cover gasket, and a crank pulley bolt.

while its in bits is there anything else that could do with changing like the water pump or other pulleys?

is there any where in Leeds that you guy could recommend where i can get it done cheaper? ill be supplying the parts for the cam belt and i just want it fitting

ide have the water pump done since its down there anyway and pretty cheap but they are correct and thats the proper cam kit that should be fitted the full on kits with gaskets and bolts i dont trust independants to do for one they dont have the locking tool 2 they dont even know what ti vct means 3 i know for a fact many independants dont fit everything that they should ide go with the garage if you want peace of mind its done and done right by all means buy the parts youreself this is fords stuff

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAYCO-TIMING-CAM-BELT-KIT-FOCUS-C-MAX-1-6-Ti-VCT-16V-/260750249938

theres different pumps for the same car so ide leave that to ford the other belts are cheaper from ford as i found out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club