Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding Additives

Blurredfocus

Hi might sound like a daft question but i was thinking of getting bg244 for my 1.6tdci just to keep thing running as they should. But how do you get any of it in the fuel tank? I used to use redex diesel regularly on my old car but I couldn't get that in the filler cap when I bought the car :-/

Always used millers diesel sport ecomax when I had a derv, swore by it. Made it a much more smoother drive.

Sounds good but how do I get past the smart filler cap ? Or am I just being thick?

Dunno on my corsa it had spring loaded flap like the focus and to be fair I just added a bit into the filler hole slowly and it seeped through. On the focus if its same as my petrol I'm sure you could just use a thin screw driver or something to open the flap then slowly freed it in. Millers has a filling nozzle too which may help too

Nice one I'll give it a try was thinking about modifying a hose by adding some raised edges to match the fuel pump nozzle.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a plastic filler funnel with my Focus, which also has a smart filler cap. It pushes in so you can use additive or if you were to run out of fuel, so you could use a can. It's exactly the same size as the filler nozzle on a diesel pump so it opens the flap

Ask these guys for a quote, they should be able to help:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/

You should have a plastic funnel in with the car jack.

It's designed to open the easyfuel filler neck and and allow filling from fuel cans and for additives.

If you haven't got one ask your local Ford dealers parts counter.

They're only a couple of pounds.

Cheers guys found it makes life easier than trying to grow a third arm with a screwdriver in each :-)

It's amazing how many people find the funnels and having no idea what they are end up chucking them away.

Better than a shoeful of BG244 ;)

Ha ha maybe but that's cause you can't smell my feet , they definitely need some sort of additive :-)