msajohnson94

Help Needed 1.8L Focus To A 2.0L Duratec Engine

i am doing a project for some one they have a mk1 1.8 zetec focus and they are planning on putting a 2.0l duratec engine in. are there any little differences in them. are the engine mounts the same or there some differences

1.8l engine is fine it runs great he just wants something abit quicker in it. he also wants to do a remap aswell when the 2.0l engine has been put in

i think he said hes gonna do a few engine upgrades ill have to see when it comes to doing this

dont think so yet. he has asked me if about keeping the 1.8 gearbox just attaching it to the 2.0l would there be a problem in that or would it be to change the gear and drive shafts

would it be possible to put a turbo on top of the engine in where the intake pipe pipes come in on top of the engine. and would it be possible to upgrade the trottle body

If he's going down the turbo route he would probably be better off trying to find a MK1 Focus RS lump to go in. Could be more cost effective in terms of extra power in the long run.

yup hes decided to try and get an rs engine where is the best place to look and the cheapest?