Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blanking Ford Focus

Pav1

do it, ive done mine

Foca will come along and tell you the positives soon

Someone correct me but if its a later model, '08 onwards, can cause engine malfuction light and limp mode.......

A lad posted on here a couple of days ago reporting the above issue which he still hasnt resolved after fitting the blanking plate.

mines an 08 plate and ive not had any light pop up since i installed mine many months ago.

Maybe he has an underlying problem then?

It put me off installing the one I bought but it seems the majority of people dont have any issues....

The later engines (Euro 5 on I believe) have an issue where they require the EGR to be used. Trying to block or bypass it renders the car almost useless. Its coded into the ECU that this is a critical component, and that is why the issue occurs. Some people fit a blanking plate with a hole in the middle, this can improve performance, but still allows some gas to go through thus preventing the error.

Long story short, fitting a solid EGR blanking plate can give you extra turbo boost, extra power, less smoke and pollution, better response and a better driving experience. Fitting one with a hole, can give you some benefits but as you have a smaller hole in the EGR its more likely to block and cause the effect of a solid blank plate.

I would love for your point about the euro5 model EGR being a critical component to be confirmed jeebo!

I read somewhere that the euro 5 cannot be disabled via ECU or by blanking.

Thats the only reason I havnt fitted it in mine.

Are you there FOCA??? LOL

• Like 1

It can be removed via a complete rewrite of the ECU but I dont believe it can just be disabled...

We need to send out the BatFoca signal for FOCA to come along! lol

Hahaha!

Every focus owner should be issued with one as standard. :D

You would have to SERIOUSLY trust the guy/gal who re-writes your ECU to completely remove the EGR without it affecting other vital components/systems!

Hi Lenny.

It was your EGR blanking guide that spurred me on to buy the blanking plate (with the link to e-bay you provided) and fit it following the guide step by step but then I read some horror stories about the DV6 euro 5 engine shutting down completely after blanking and it put me off!

Was too scared to fit it to my new motor so bottled out.

I have installed a "green" cotton filter which gives a nice induction sound under heavy load and DPF removal is coming after xmas is out of the way.

I just got worried about knackering my car but if you've done it on the same engine as mine.........

• Like 1

Thanks for the re-assurance Lenny.

Sounds like nothing but positives with this then as you have said.... think i'll get the socket set out! :)

Your MPG is very impressive! Is that mixed or mainly motorway??

Hahaha. :D

Oh yeah, its 60 MPH on the motorways in Ireland isnt it. I find the traffic flows much much better in Ireland than over here! Much more relaxed and hardly any tailgaiting!

The difference is huge!

Haha! Them lead feet are a nightmare! :)

I was over in Dublin (Blanchardstown) the other week and the motorways were almost empty by the looks of it! The amount of cars still parked up outside peoples homes in the morning monday to friday is shocking!

Shows what sort of state the country is in and its sad to see.

Luckily, I didnt encounter any large roundabouts so I survived ok! LOL

• Like 1

Hi all,

I recently fitted a blanking plate to my 2009 1.6tdci 109bhp, and i had to remove plate as its showing up P042f code(blocked EGR).

Now the light comes on dailey after a couple of miles so i have to remove with a D900 reader. I did clean the EGR after taking of for the third time to check for sticking but is not blocked or sticking. So what do i do now to keep the light off?

Help?

Hi all,

I recently fitted a blanking plate to my 2009 1.6tdci 109bhp, and i had to remove plate as its showing up P042f code(blocked EGR).

Now the light comes on dailey after a couple of miles so i have to remove with a D900 reader. I did clean the EGR after taking of for the third time to check for sticking but is not blocked or sticking. So what do i do now to keep the light off?

Help?

Looks like you have the worst of all possible possible worlds- Just put the solid plate back on - that will stop the inlet getting contaminated with carbon, and help eliminate flat spots, hesitation, and improve performance/ economy - as for the light - just ignore it - at least you will have the benifits of a solid plate

Someone correct me but if its a later model, '08 onwards, can cause engine malfuction light and limp mode.......

A lad posted on here a couple of days ago reporting the above issue which he still hasnt resolved after fitting the blanking plate.

A solid EGR blanking plate will not cause limp (home) mode - that is just a nonsense/ garbage rumor that has was spread around forums - like the posts suggesting that a 1-litre ecoboost is too powerful for its size/ will wear out/ blow up - total garbage - engines are getting smaller/ more powerful

It can be removed via a complete rewrite of the ECU but I dont believe it can just be disabled...

We need to send out the BatFoca signal for FOCA to come along! lol

I was in the FOCA-cave working on the FOCA-mobile - adding more power/ a few more modifications, as there is not enough :lol:

• Like 1

For what it's worth guys I have a 2002 1.8 tdci an I fitted a blanking plate. I've done 10k with it installed and have found subtle but noticeable improvements all round. Never had any error codes or issues.

• Like 1

I've fitted my blanking p,ate this morning on a 1.6 tdci 2010 focus zetec s and I can only say best fiver I've ever spent on a car no light on the dash but I did have the ecu remapped and the dpf removed :-)

• Like 1