Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tinted Windows

poohbear

Hello!

Been looking more and more at Nipz's Zetec and thinking I really want my back windows tinted. Would Ford do it now and how much would it cost? Do you just have the back 2 done or do you have the boot one done too (sorry very blonde!)

Poohbear

hey!

Why thank you :) glad u like my car! If you want any pictures to look at let me know.

I spoke to ford about this when I was ordering my car and they said if u don't get them done when u order it you have to get it done 3rd party. Ford weren't interested in fitting them.

Best to look at 3rd party companies that are local to you.

Have you got your rear screen done too?

And are they actual tinted windows not the film you stick over them? I'm not keen on this film thing but other half says its cheaper...im not sure it would look as nice at all!

Yea my back 3 are tinted, not the film as im aware.

My friends have their windows done with the film and as long as its done well its fine, if its done on the cheap it can peal off and bubble!

I will take some pictures for you and post them up.

Our back 3 are too, and it appears to be tinted glass, cuz you can't feel any film when cleaning them.

It is amazing how clear they look from the inside looking out!! I'd never had tinted windows before, and so was a bit unsure how the vision would be, but it's superb!! I love it :)

It is amazing how clear they look from the inside looking out!! I'd never had tinted windows before, and so was a bit unsure how the vision would be, but it's superb!! I love it :)

Yea same. I was going to go with the blue, but it was a longer wait so went with black.

Yea same. I was going to go with the blue, but it was a longer wait so went with black.

Great choice though!! I love how the black shows off the chrome!! :)

I really want them now, thanks Nipz.

I think I'm gonna go for the windows, not the film :)

Just need to find out who can do it now :)

What cost do you think?

OMG that looks gorgeous! Am so glad I'm getting it with my car. Your car really looks good Nipz. Makes me drool :)

I really want them now, thanks Nipz.

I think I'm gonna go for the windows, not the film :)

Just need to find out who can do it now :)

What cost do you think?

Hi ya

I have ordered the privvy glass, on my fiesta too, and it cost £50. But that was when i ordered the car

Am going to ring up today and see what my dealer says.

Will let you know :)

Let's hope she says she can help :)

Am going to ring up today and see what my dealer says.

Will let you know :)

Let's hope she says she can help :)

lets hope so!

Have just rung my dealer who has given me the number of a company (funnily enough round the corner from where I work).

I have rung them and they have said for a 35% window tint for 2 back windows and rear screen would be £170.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Or do I just wait and get them on my next car for cheaper?

Poohbear

Have just rung my dealer who has given me the number of a company (funnily enough round the corner from where I work).

I have rung them and they have said for a 35% window tint for 2 back windows and rear screen would be £170.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Or do I just wait and get them on my next car for cheaper?

Poohbear

How long until your next car?

I really love my windows and wouldnt have got it without them, but £170 is a lot of monies (for a student working at tescos), if your got the cash and want them done its worth doing IMO.

I work full time but I'm also a student and I'm starting my teaching training next year whilst still working. Well, I can give my car back after 2 years but I've decided I'm probably going to keep till I'm 25 ish. Get some bigger then :)

Spoke to my Dad who said it's a lot of money but my money if I want to do it. I think £170 is very expensive though so might shop around for somewhere cheaper. Though it's my birthday in 6 months so could ask for money then to go towards it.

Poohbear

• 3 weeks later...

170 is loads I reckon. Some fella by ours does Rangeys X5s, Q7s, Disco's etc for a 100-140, he's alright aswell.

So smaller cars would be cheaper too am guessing.

I'd reccommend him but thats if your willing to travel to Liverpool.

Hi hun is that for film? because I am only paying £60, but that is with discount but normally its £75 for the 3 windows at the back.

Just get the film. When it comes to selling up the next owner can peel it off if they don't want it

I'm debating now to travel somewhere to have it done.

I'm in Northampton, but people round here all seem to be charging the £170 mark. I really wanted the actual glass windows but am now thinking I might just get the film as I'm not paying that much for them.

I'm debating now to travel somewhere to have it done.

I'm in Northampton, but people round here all seem to be charging the £170 mark. I really wanted the actual glass windows but am now thinking I might just get the film as I'm not paying that much for them.

Travel down to shades tints in essex, they are good i know so many people who have had there windows done there including myself to one of my old cars, also cheap at £75, im sure michelle will post pics up after her car has been there.

Yeah Poohbear, come to Essex, it wont cost too much in fuel so you will still get a bargain, im sitting here patiently waiting for the call to go over and get mine done, two vauxhalls beat me in at 9am this morning, so looks like just after midday for me. Will have pics of windows and badges later this afternoon.