Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Vs Vaux**ll.... (Sorry About The Swearing)

jamesm182

not half as sad as this sites obsession with bitching about corsas/vauxhalls and their drivers.....weird

Mate, no offence, but last time I checked, I saw that this is a Ford Forum, its kind of expected. :rolleyes:

It's just a little bit of harmless ranting/banter, if we didn't have threads like these (that stir the emotions a little), then this would be one boring forum to be on, kinda like those Prius-loving/Volvo owner boards. (Where the most interesting thread is something along the lines of "What color is your car")

• Like 2

not half as sad as this sites obsession with bitching about corsas/vauxhalls and their drivers.....weird

As said above mate, just a bit of fun,

Id like to add: NO VAUXHALL/ OPEL CORSA WAS DAMAGED AS RESULT OF THIS THREAD

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Unless I get my mitts on them. ;)Sent using Ford OC mobile app

Ow yeah :lol: if you're reading this and you own a Vauxhall Corsa; ensure you've paid your road tax or clive's sconna getha ;)

Unless I get my mitts on them. ;)

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

If you get hot, you must get cool! ;)

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

Mate, no offence, but last time I checked, I saw that this is a Ford Forum, its kind of expected. :rolleyes:

It's just a little bit of harmless ranting/banter, if we didn't have threads like these (that stir the emotions a little), then this would be one boring forum to be on, kinda like those Prius-loving/Volvo owner boards. (Where the most interesting thread is something along the lines of "What color is your car")

lol

im not that sensitive mate,

but consistent bitching is a strong sign of jealousy ;)

i visit a number of car forums, best source of little quirks that are common but tricky to diagnose, can save hours of labour...this website is the only one i see getting obsessed about different makes/models and their drivers...

think your all forgetting something....ford produces the KA

Unfortunately

lol

im not that sensitive mate,

but consistent bitching is a strong sign of jealousy ;)

i visit a number of car forums, best source of little quirks that are common but tricky to diagnose, can save hours of labour...this website is the only one i see getting obsessed about different makes/models and their drivers...

I hang around a couple of other car forums, and this isn't the only one (nor only Ford one) which has members bagging competitors/other makes.

You could argue that FOC are a whiny bunch, but the same could be said about lots of other car makes & forums too, its not exclusive to Ford. And though not ALL bashing/bagging is a result of having a superior product, a lot of it is. (And yes, I hate the KA.)

• Like 1

We don't dig at other makes.

Just vaux##ll cos they're crap.

I used to have a Vectra. I've owned some cruddy cars in my time but that thing was by far the worst. Nothing major went wrong, but lots of little things did that were costing me between £50-£100 a time to put right. The worst one was the engine cutting out when you pressed the clutch on approach to a roundabout. When this happened, the brakes lost efficiency, and the power steering didn't work - you kind of need both when approaching a roundabout. Stormed back to the garage with it (only had it a few days) and went ape***t with them, having ended up careering over a roundabout, unable to stop and barely able to steer.

While they were fixing that, they gave me a "courtesy car" - another !Removed! Vauxhall! An Astra, this time. Coming home from a family visit at 1:30 in the morning, we got a flat tyre. Not their fault, obviously. But upon retrieving the stuff from the boot to change the wheel, I discovered that the wheelbrace (the hexagonal bit inside it), was actually round. And I hadn't a hope in hell of getting the wheel off with it. I slammed the boot lid down in a temper, and the plastic trim fell off. So I went and slammed the door instead and the wing mirror came off. So I figured I best stop slamming stuff cos I didn't know what would fall off next. I rang the breakdown number of the back of the tax disc holder - the breakdown cover had expired. I asked them to come anyway as I was all out of other options, and got charged £72 for a man to come and change the wheel for me.

I went bananas yet again with the garage for A) Putting me in that situation by not checking everything was serviceable, and B) refusing to refund me the £72 on the basis that "I didn't NEED to do it". Quite what they expected me to do instead, at 2 in the morning, I don't know. I finally got all my money back after refusing to leave the building until they did. Don't think I kept the car more than six months, was glad to see the back of it.

• Like 1

anyone that thinks slamming doors etc in temper wont cause damage to any car out there is in dreamworld, which is kind of my point...

all cars are more or less the same with a few exceptions, when it comes to generalising, some are unbelievably excellent in reliability, low maintenence etc such as hondas, some are unbelievably poor such as fiats,

all other makes/models have their quirks

ford diesel fuel systems...crap once they have clocked a bit of mileage and seriously expensive to sort properly

vauxhall egr valves...crap and bl**dy annoying especially since euro 4

renault electrical systems...just crap

bmw..some of their later engines dont stand test of time

vw..auto and manual boxes...junk

list goes on and on...technology increases risk of faults similar to sudden loss of brakes/steering throughout the makes...state of the art electronics fitted in very harsh enviorenments (well that isnt spelt right) dont mix....bit like plastic trims etc, and violence really ;)

each to their own and all that, just find it odd slagging off a rival maker on a forum full to the brim of moans/problems/bad service/bad design etc etc of a supposedly superior make/company :)

• Like 1

anyone that thinks slamming doors etc in temper wont cause damage to any car out there is in dreamworld, which is kind of my point...

all cars are more or less the same with a few exceptions, when it comes to generalising, some are unbelievably excellent in reliability, low maintenence etc such as hondas, some are unbelievably poor such as fiats,

all other makes/models have their quirks

ford diesel fuel systems...crap once they have clocked a bit of mileage and seriously expensive to sort properly

vauxhall egr valves...crap and bl**dy annoying especially since euro 4

renault electrical systems...just crap

bmw..some of their later engines dont stand test of time

vw..auto and manual boxes...junk

list goes on and on...technology increases risk of faults similar to sudden loss of brakes/steering throughout the makes...state of the art electronics fitted in very harsh enviorenments (well that isnt spelt right) dont mix....bit like plastic trims etc, and violence really ;)

each to their own and all that, just find it odd slagging off a rival maker on a forum full to the brim of moans/problems/bad service/bad design etc etc of a supposedly superior make/company :)

Fair point mate,

Every forum !Removed! about another,

I'm on Toyota forums and the moan about Honda and treat civic drivers like ford forum does corsa

toyota is another top quality make in relability etc, but they are nowhere near as good as they used to be....as for the yaris, thats well up there with the KA and puntos and their like

• Like 1

as for the yaris, thats well up there with the KA and puntos and their like

In terms of mundane-ness (if that is a word), possibly. Reliability - no. I'd take the Yaris any day though, over the other two.

• Like 1

work on a few of them, cheap and nasty...to be fair, dont break down very often, but build quality compared to other toyotas is dire, plus plenty of regular rough running issues

• Like 1

I like Vauxhalls lm sorry to say lol had 3, first car was a 1.3 astra lol loved it, then was a vectra1.8 loved that more, the I had a 2.5 v gsi and was tuned and was putting just over 230 hp was a monster I miss that car wud love one again, my mum and dad have had fords alfas and Vauxhalls and there last 2 have been astra vxr and now a corsa vxr and they say they wouldn't have anything else, I'd always have vauxhall but now I'm a Ford fan as well but that's just me lol

haha, Tony I think the reason is that we need to have a rant about vauxhall, it makes us feel better about our own issues :D lol.

I kind of laugh though, My battery went kaput not long ago, went to get it changed, and after having a long old fight and moan at eurocarparts, they gave me a new one.

Long story short, the only reason I felt better was because after I fixed my car up, I found a corsa that had died after he bought a replacement exhaust. It was a sign :P I just had to laugh as I felt better that a corsa had died any other car, perhaps it wouldnt have been as funny, its just the irony that another old corsa had gone kaput.

To be honest, I have my gripes with other manufacturers, but particularly for me a corsa with a pratt at the wheel is the one thing that ticks me over, but then I am sure they will say the same about a Fez with a pratt at the wheel...

Anyways, I think its all in the name of banter, but perhaps in the name of fairness, we should start up other bashing threads :p all in favour of a daewoo bashing thread...?

• Like 3

CITROEN!!! - The wore I want to use for them wont get past the filter :p Lets just spell it Sitroen and add an extra letter somewhere... I wonder what that could possibly be?

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised to see that the filter doesn't take out vauxh**l!! :P

• Like 1

CITROEN!!! - The wore I want to use for them wont get past the filter :p Lets just spell it Sitroen and add an extra letter somewhere... I wonder what that could possibly be?

Jeeb

Your ford has a citröen engine in it,

Dont worry mine does too mate ;)

You can straight swap a Citroen engine cover the mounts are identical aswell,

Peugeot 206, partner van, Citroen berlingo, Picasso, ford fiesta and focus

Call it a HDi or a TDCi its all the same pud pud engine

Exactly! that's the problem, that's why we have this cack EGR and (in my fortune I have escaped it!) the DPF!

Citroen Electrics though are the worst! amongst other things, they store the battery under the seat, and the electrics on anything after about 1995 are diabolical. The amount of problems my mum had with her Saxo, and the issues my colleagues have had with them are just crazy.

Then to top it all off, they tried to do a Honda and add a digital dash, which is more temperamental than the old Focus instrument cluster...

• Like 1

Jeeb

Your ford has a citröen engine in it,

Dont worry mine does too mate ;)

You can straight swap a Citroen engine cover the mounts are identical aswell,

Peugeot 206, partner van, Citroen berlingo, Picasso, ford fiesta and focus

Call it a HDi or a TDCi its all the same pud pud engine

Not in mine :)

• Like 1

Not in mine :)

Sent using who cares?

No the 1.8tdci and 2.0tdci are ford engines

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club