Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Programming A New Immobiliser Transponder

Stephen Leak

I'm having problems programming a new key's immobiliser transponder into the ECU.

I'm following the instructions in the handbook, but I suspect that I'm still doing something wrong.

I'm using my two existing programmed keys, and removing them when the immobiliser warning light goes out, which seems the right thing to do, as it means that the ECU has recognised them.

I then put the new unprogrammed key in, turn it to position 2, and the warning light flashes rapidly, indicating that the system has either not detected a transponder or not detected a "known" one.

The new key doesn't start the engine.

I even have another unprogrammed transponder, and I can't get this one to work either.

• 4 weeks later...

Ford used two types of glass transponder, the ID4C and the ID4D, on the early models, the 4C was denoted by a red dot on top of the none-remote key, while the 4D had a blue dot on top of it, they then changed them once again to an ID4C-64 carbon chip for the more recent models.

It may be that you have the wrong chip in the key and that's why it's not programming

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club