Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2.0 Tdci 2006 ((Problem))

jhowell44

Hello just wondering if anyone can help me sort this problem out. i recently brought a focus 2.0 TDCI 2006 Ghia, now it was running fine until one day i drove as normal and going into 3rd gear seemed to lack power and decelerate, happens in 2nd 3rd and 4th, i have sometimes have low power when starting off from a stand still and end up stalling it, now i can turn off the engine, re start it and will be fine for a period before it restarts. when i say period just getting further down the road then it restarts.

Now i instantly thought EGR Valve so have replaced egr and housing.

next thinking of doing air and fuel filter next to eliminate those before i go onto DPF if i have one.

Had a 16 pin reader by garage came up as okey

Any help much apprciated :)

when you had egr done was it by ford? when I bought mine somebody had put a new egr on it and was running funny so took it to ford and it needed a software update to do with egr,all done and car flying,touch wood.

How many miles has your foucs done? Not something simple like the battery being on its last legs? faulty fuel pump?

you may be in luck my 2005 2.0tdci did not have a DPF fitted:-) I did have to replace the EGR at around 105k tho

it has done 96k miles, some days it runs mint no problems but other days i have this problem.

also no it was not done by ford i had it done by the garage who sold it me and have 6 month parts and labour with it so want get it done and sorted.

just replaced air filter, just something to eliminate and it was black and was filled with crap,

might nip ford next and try that .

thanks

anymore suggestions pleaser coment below thanks

I would bite the bullet and take it to ford as like I said with my car I tried everything to sort it full service,airflow meter loads of sensors took in to a independent dealer and they did not know what was wrong but like I said

£65.00 quid later software update and sorted.

right at the moment sincei replaced the caked air filter, its been ru8nning mint, if i end up back on this thread over this next week then its still another problem, nice of the garage to tell me the fully serviced car i brought has not been serviced, black airfilter covereed in debris, so i think im going to service everything myself to be on the safe side. thanks for your help peeps :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club