Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, Does Anyone Know Where The Reverse Light Switch Is Located On A Ford S Max Please.

jayhus123

either on the top or the front of the gearbox.

I am guessing the reverse lights arent coming on. If so take the wire connector off the reverse switch, with the ignition on, join the two ends together with a piece of wire, if the lights come on then you know its the switch for definate, in not then its somewhere else.

Hi, reverse lights are flashing on there own accord. Some times with the clutch; brake or even whilst on stand still.

sent from S3 using app

Sounds like a short, not necessarily the switch... Have you checked any other lights arent dimly lit?

All other lights seem to be ok although I have notice the head lights do flicker and I canbhear clicking on the fuse box whilst driving which is located under the passengers feet.

sent from S3 using app

Clicking in the fuse box tends to indicate a poor battery. Get your batteries health checked out and you might need to replace it (silver calcium battery only!).

If the battery is fine, (I would be surprised) then you would be possibly looking at an issue with the fuseboard. Perhaps water ingress?

Ok....I have checked the battery power on the on board system and its at 13.5 whilst the engine is running. Is that where it should be? With the reverse light...now it stays on when the key is turned once without the engine running. :huh:

sent from S3 using app

OK, so 13.5 is good, that would be expected as its the smart charge, but then again I replaced my battery last month, perfect voltage reading, car started everytime but it kept throwing my car into chaos. Maybe put the battery on a backburner but dont forget about it.

So, if you put the car to electrics only, drop the car into reverse, the light comes on and stays on every time?

If you then start the engine and (handbrake tightly on!) keep chucking the car into and out of reverse, do you get a lot less consistency?

Reverse stays on regardless of putting into reverse. Start moving and it flickers randomly. Had to take the lights off yesterday as it got dangerous for other road users.

sent from S3 using app

OK so that would suggest either a short circuit or a stuck switch. The concern for me, is that your car is clicking and going nuts at the fuse box.

Have you read the error codes at all?

There seem to be no error codes on the system. Over the weekend I will get the fuse box out and reinsert all the fuses. Its a bot of astruggle to get to as its under the glove compartment on the passenger side.

sent from S3 using app

Might also be worth checking to make absolutely sure that the board isnt wet anywhere. I would also suggest that you get some compressed air, and blast each fuse holder to make sure there is nothing in there possibly shorting it out.

Ok it seems the clicking only occurs whilst going into biting and changing gears, something to do with clutch also when taking into reverse gear you can hear a click.

sent from S3 using app

• 6 years later...

My smax reverse light on driver side not working other side is fine checked buld and its fine no blown fuse 

ca2102272467580ee9b153e36c4ceee9.jpg

Are you sure you have two reverse lights?
Most cars only have one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I phoned Ford up they said it only has one but seen asmax the other day and both was working on that one 

They said it as one but it has 2 bulbs I told them they said one is for show 

Sorted it checked all the wiring above the back door found multiple wires broken joined them back up and all lights work now 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club