Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Upgrade

justgotast170

Okay so I've now got my facia, Thanks "Sal", I've got my guide Thanks "Stoney". But I need some help with the new cabling and aerial. I believe I need the following parts listed below.

Ford Roof Aerial Mast+DAB
Part Number: 1559265

Ford Roof Aerial Base+DAB
Part Number: 1559268

Ford Aerial Extension Cable+DAB
Part Number: 1671739

Ford Aerial Cable+DAB
Part Number: 1543284

Ford Adaptor Plate
Part Number: 1547964

My Radio has 2 connections on the rear for the aerial one "Black" and one "White". So the new aerial base I presume has 2 connections which connect to the new aerial cables. ?

Thanks

daz.

Hi Daz

I brought a Sony Dab of Sal and that has same connections as u mentioned, I just used the fakra adaptor for the dab port he mentioned to me and it worked a treat, as I have dab don't think I will need normal radio anytime soon.

Not sure if that was any help mate..

you can either purchase a fakra adaptor off eBay or you can buy the wiring loom and dab aerial lot from me as i'm having to replace mine as it doesnt work as well with my pioneer dab unit so ive just paid out for a kinetic one.

mine is the ford kit you have listed above with both the aerial connections.

Hi Daz

I brought a Sony Dab of Sal and that has same connections as u mentioned, I just used the fakra adaptor for the dab port he mentioned to me and it worked a treat, as I have dab don't think I will need normal radio anytime soon.

Not sure if that was any help mate..

Thanks, Amran which is the dab port on the back of the radio.

Daz

you can either purchase a fakra adaptor off ebay or you can buy the wiring loom and dab aerial lot from me as i'm having to replace mine as it doesnt work as well with my pioneer dab unit so ive just paid out for a kinetic one.

mine is the ford kit you have listed above with both the aerial connections.

Sal, Id like to try the method you told Amran about 1st. If the wife isn't happy with reception ill get back to you on buying the wiring kit.

Thanks again

daz

Hi Daz, you will need two components the first is the fakra female to Din adaptor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221297040712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The blue part goes into the top socket black hole (see photo)the into the other end you will need a din to ISo adaptor can be found:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=Din+to+iOS&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XDin+to+iso&_nkw=Din+to+iso&_sacat=0

I brought mine from Halfrauds £5 and they lived up to their reputation ! I couldn't be bothered to wait for it in post.

Plug that adapter into the black end of the fakra cable , then the wire that comes from ur car antenna which normally would go in the bottom hole (white hole) plug that into the din to iOS adapter which is in the fakra adapter.

And abracadabra you should have DAB it's awesome, be warned I live in central London and get a decent amount of dab stations some ppl have had problems where they can only get one or two.

I hope that makes sense any probs give us a shout!!!

• Like 1

I have attached a very basic only what I can describe as a child's drawing to assist u, I had to use my ipad and found a Disney drawing app and had nothing else hopes it helps, god help me after ppl, see my diagram lol

post-43072-0-25529700-1383950585_thumb.j

• Like 1

Love the pic. ;)

Awesome pic. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Awesome pic. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Who needs photoshop when there's Disney's creative studio!!!

I heard that Mickey Mouse had a Ford watch ;)

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks Amran, Ill give it a go this weekend. Thanks also for the Pic . I wasn't sure which was the dab port but the pic speaks a thousand words.

Thanks

daz..

Hi Daz

Yup that shud work same concept a lot better i think, hope all goes well mate.

Amran

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone for your help. Now got the dab installed and working using the adapter Amran told me about.

Also big thanks to Stoney for the guide. I didn't need the two adaptor plates for mine just screw in the old plastic.

Also big thanks to Sal for the faceplate.

Anyway thanks for all the help the wife is happy and I have some Brownie points for the holidays.

Daz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm planning to fit an AutoDAB unit to my 2008 Focus Titanium this week - currently it has the non DAB single CD Sony unit. Then to fit the Ford DAB aerial and cabling - someone on this forum mentioned the Ford aerial will work with the AutoDAB unit. I'm a bit woried about the radio ends of the Ford DAB aerial cables. Earlier ones seemed to have both a Fakra and ISO end whereas the later ones look like they have two ISO ends. I guess I can get round this with some adaptors. The AutoDAB unit needs an SMA connection anyway. So I'll need a Fakra to SMA or ISO to SMA adaptor I guess, depending on which Ford cables I get. Anyone able to shed any light on this? Sal, I'm wondering if you still want to sell your wiring loom and DAB aerial, I'd be interested. What ends do the aerial cables have?

Rich

Hi pal

I still have the dab aerial and looms for sale. PM me if your interested

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club