Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S 7.5 16Inch To 17Inch Problems

mward83

I have just attempted to upgrade my Fiesta 16 inch alloys to the official optional extra 7 spoke 17 inch alloys. I went to my local Ford dealer.

They could not go ahead with the upgrade because they said that the new wheels may not fit properly. They spent an hour trying to fit them. Anyone know of any reason or differences between the Fiesta Zetec S? Surely the bigger wheels should fit given they are simply an optional extra?

I believe it needs a stop on the steering rack to stop the larger wheels touching when you apply full lock. I think I've heard about it, but I may be wrong.

I went from 16" > 17" on the MK7 and I didn't bother fitting the steering rack limiter, had no issues.

I cannot see any reason why your dealer couldn't fit them, the bolts and PCM are going to be identical on all models of Fiesta.

The dealer might not fit them because of the steering rack stops, so fit the wheels yourself at home & see how it goes.

I bought the 17" ST wheels, they fit without the rackstop. But the dealer told me, if I lower the car I might need the rack stop.

Cheers for that advice. Might try fitting at home!

Anyone any ideas of rack stop prices?

Cheers for that advice. Might try fitting at home!

Anyone any ideas of rack stop prices?

Was about £6/7 for the MK7.

Thanks, still not sure why the Ford dealer couldn't have just fitted one for me.

Got a quote of approximately £1000 for wheels, mid-range tyres and fitting. Considering selling the 16 inch alloys as they are almost brand new.

Thanks, still not sure why the Ford dealer couldn't have just fitted one for me.

Got a quote of approximately £1000 for wheels, mid-range tyres and fitting. Considering selling the 16 inch alloys as they are almost brand new.

I could be interested in the wheels/tyres if you do decide to sell ......................

I could be interested in the wheels/tyres if you do decide to sell ......................

Thanks, I'll have a look at options this week and get back to you.

Wheels also include Continental tyres. Total of 2000 miles so far, wheels have no marks or blemishes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club