Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coilovers Or Lowering Springs

Bigduncs

Hello everyone, My first post as i've just brought my self a Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI 2007/57.
Fitted mist washer jets, Carbon wrapped my interior and ordered a few parts to put on next week. They are heater controls and lights for footwell.
I was looking to do a few more mods one being tinting the rear windows, was just wondering is limo black the best for a black car?
The other being lowering it a few mm. Which one would someone recommend coil overs or just lowering springs? is 35mm lower enough!?

Cheers Chris

post-48114-0-01748200-1384011033_thumb.j

Welcome

Lowering spring is low enough mate trust me,

I'm lowered 35mm on ford eibachs it sometimes scrapes,

And I'm rolling 18" ST's

Limo tint is too black,

You won't see out through the rear window,

35% tint is dark enough can't see in but you can see out,

And 10% on the front will be legal if desired, factory tint is no more than 15% on any car and 25% is legal limit so you can legally add 10% to front side windows only,

Not the windscreen.

Click on my profile picture to view some guide ideas

Have you got a link for the lowering springs?
Okay sounds good with the tint, Did you get it proffesionaly done or can it be done at home?
I'll check your profile out.

Have you got a link for the lowering springs?

Okay sounds good with the tint, Did you get it proffesionaly done or can it be done at home?

I'll check your profile out.

I bought the springs from nationalcarclearance there a ford dealership in the uk think they cost 150 pounds,

I'll try source a finis number for you mate,

The tint I had done professionally some company's will call to your house and fit it.

Also when lowering springs fit some Eibach rear camber adjustment bolts to prevent excessive wear on inside of wheels.

• Like 1

I bought the springs from nationalcarclearance there a ford dealership in the uk think they cost 150 pounds,

I'll try source a finis number for you mate,

The tint I had done professionally some company's will call to your house and fit it.

Also when lowering springs fit some eibach rear camber adjustment bolts to prevent excessive wear on inside of wheels.

Isn't the camber adjustment bolt already on the car? bit confused there i thought the camber can be adjusted as stock. Got that link for the springs lenny? i was searching for it and couldn't find them, £150 is a cracking deal!

EDIT: BTW don't go any lower than Eibach springs on stock strut, it will be outside of the dampers operating level and each minor imperfection on the road will result in a big bang sound as your dampers are maxed out, leading to leaks later on and i would suggest staying away from cheap coilovers aswell it will be worse than your stock setup for handling

• Like 1

Isn't the camber adjustment bolt already on the car? bit confused there i thought the camber can be adjusted as stock. Got that link for the springs lenny? i was searching for it and couldn't find them, £150 is a cracking deal!

EDIT: BTW don't go any lower than eibach springs on stock strut, it will be outside of the dampers operating level and each minor imperfection on the road will result in a big bang sound as your dampers are maxed out, leading to leaks later on and i would suggest staying away from cheap coilovers aswell it will be worse than your stock setup for handling

Here's a link to the ford Eibach kit through sandicliffe,

Contact them prior to purchase because there's different springs for petrol and diesel models,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-Pro-Pro-Kit-MK2-Eibach-lowering-Springs-kit-/220766486564?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3366b54024

The stock rear camber is fixed position non adjustable,

The stock bolts need to be cut off and adjustable camber bolts fitted from Eibach,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Mk2-2004-2011-Eibach-rear-camber-bolts-kit-/230625566464?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b25adf00

IMG_20130508_201500_zpsb2fbc071.jpg

IMG_20130117_123845.jpg

IMG_20130110_151301.jpg

Not bad value at all, Thanks for that. Save a little money and they'll will be going on!

• Like 2

Not bad value at all, Thanks for that. Save a little money and they'll will be going on!

No prob,

There worth every penny,

Look great and handle great too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club