Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Problems

Kayti

bluetooth in my 2010 ford fiesta was working fine until couple of days ago, the blue light is not on anymore and my iPhone cannot find it when searching. Please help! What could have happened?

Go in to the Radio menu and check that bluetooth is activated , it may have switched off.

failing that you may have to pull all power to the radio and bluetooth module to reset it.

When I go to the turn on bluetooth option the tick is in the box, i click to turn it off, but the tick comes back into the box in a second by its self

Your first option i guess would be to check all the fuses under the glove box to make sure no fuse has blown , it will also give you the chance to check no cable has been knocked or kicked loose.

If every thing is Ok , then next step i would take is disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes, to reset the bluetooth and radio.

When you try and select a phone what happens ?

Lets hope that a power down sorts the issue out for you , some times these things happen for no apparent reason they just glitch.

Alot of forums say to disconnect the battery to try solve the problem. Could it be where I had the car cleaned & he moved the steering wheel out to clean dash board, it was fine before that If i remember right

Anything is possible Katie , but do the steering wheel controls still work?

Yes they all seem to be fine, I only noticed the bluetooth wasn't on when my phone rang instead of through the Speakers, and yet the day before (before i had it cleaned inside) it was normal. Very peculiar! Also actually, a week before this the Aux option was working fine, playing music through Speakers on a Aux cable, but now when you press Aux it says line inactive. Technology these days ay!

• Like 1

Technology ,Love it or hate it , we all want it.

let us know if the power down works

• 5 months later...

Forgot to reply an update.. Late i know! Ford updated software And was back to normal after that hurrah!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club