Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Tyres Fitted This Morning

The Dark Knight

So, the conti's were fitted this morning. The tyres in question are mentioned here by EVO magazine: http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/290698/best_winter_tyres.html

Fitted and balanced for just £40, courtesy of Spire Tyres: http://www.spiretyres.com/index.html

post-41593-0-46876800-1384085264_thumb.j

post-41593-0-82290500-1384085279_thumb.j

post-41593-0-76066800-1384085287_thumb.j

• Like 1

I bought a set of Nokian winter tyres and put them on a set of spare rims for my Focus a few years ago. I will just manage to get a fourth winter out of them this year. Its probably the best "accessory" you can buy for a car. They are more sure-footed as the temp drops towards zero, thanks to the different rubber compound but wait until there is 3" of snow lying on the ground. While other cars are pirouetting gracefully in the road, you will be slowly but steadily steering around them with fantastic grip levels.

I think this will be a proper test of winter tyre abilities for me. I had some Avon Ranger Ice fitted to my Land Rover but because that had awesome 4x4 abilities anyway, the difference made by the tyres was only noticeable in braking and cornering really.

Now with FWD, these beasts should really make the difference!

Well, 7C this morning and the rain was pouring down. The tyres felt more grippy to me and that's at the start temp for winter tyres. They were not any louder IMO than the summer tyres. Sadly, it's like a summer evening outside now with mist and an absolutely horrendous 13C! :angry: That's almost double the start temp for winter tyres! Talk about a victory for sods law! :censored:

I have heard however that this stupid mild weather might get lost at the weekend and early next week. We will apparently see some frosts and bitter northerly winds. Snow can't be ruled out for Scotland and the North East :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club