Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(2009) Require Some Help With The Offside Wing Panel

razzigstring

Hi, I have a ford fiesta Zetec 5 door, theres a rather large dent in my offside driverside wing panel, ive ordered a new one however was wondering how hard is it to fit it myself? technically able, have replaced the bumper before, however is the wing welded? anyway around it? or is it fairly cheap to take the new part to a garage/bodyshop and have them just swap it over? ballpark figure?

thanks to everyone on this forumn, love reading through, never thought id be posting myself one day, but you lot are the experts! forgot to mention its a mk7 2009 model. part cost £40, would not be willing to spend £200 to replace it when a part is £40.

thanks!

AH right! perfect!!!
One other thing, are there any hard to get to bolts I should know about before hand?

thanks, should be able to replace it in no time im guessing then, an hour or so?

Thansk again man

Depends how good the quality and fit the new wing is really, I have done a few even with genuine parts that take a bit of fiddling about and tweaking

Ah thats fine, also could I ask about the bumper? easy enough to get on/off?

and its deff bolt on?

Thanks

Yeah bumpers are usually easy when you can find the bolts lol. Even better when you have someone to help you lift it off once the bolts are out

Ah right thats brill mate haha! ill see if i can get a buddy of mine to help!
its not gonna look perfect, but then im not expecting it too ofcourse, just replace the parts with a mediocre job really!!

thanks man,

final question, you know you said you had to do some fiddleing and teaking when fitting the fender/front wing, can I ask why that was? I got a genuine part, so should all line up etc, just wondering why there may be trouble

Thanks ever so much for the help1!! ^_^

You will be fine, just take your time and double check things as you go.

Yeah even with genuine panels they don't always fit first time. Usually I find the shut line of the bonnet or door isn't even or it maybe sticks out slightly around the headlight - just things like that. That's why you would normally trial for them first if they are to be painted off the car.

I guess every car is different in some way, it could be slightly twisted, it may have been worked on before, things can be within tolerances but still require a little labour to get a perfect fit sometimes

Ah right, understandably really!

With the Wing (offside panel, whatever you may phrase it as) is it necessarily difficult to get too?
I will be taking off the old bumper anyhow, to replace that for a new one, but the wing I will do after removing the old bumper,

Does the wing take some finding of bolts to get too? or is it relativley obvious? had a look online, found a how to for removing the bumper but not the wing! Also could you just clarify it is bolt on?

Thanks ever so much mate, you've been a real help,

Not yet mate, doing the job on Saturday. Doing a similar job then?

Cool, Yeah I'm looknig into it as I've got a 2013 zetec S that someone kindly scraped with thier car, done the wing and door :(

£30 for a wing off of eBay. is better than the £150 to get the whole thing repainted.

Oh lord :( the door aswell?! Looking at getting that done? or?

Mines just the front bumper and wing which need replacing, i've heard the bumper can take all of 20 minutes if you know what you're doing, however the wing may take me a tad longer by the looks of it! <_<

thankfully the door is not too bad and i could probabally get away with it not being resprayed, the scracthes on the wing though are quite deep.

ah right you're lucky in some ways I guess! could be lumbered like me, where a driver hit my car, leaving a rather large dent in the wing and the bumper was actually unclipped/unattached at one corner!!! hoping no clips have broke :(:( but yeah, guess these things happen.
:( :( :(