Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clearing The Windows And Keeping Them Clear!!!!!

DAN222

My Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost zs - never clears.

The side windows in particular get steamed up so i can barely see!.

The front ones are also bad and unless you have the heater on setting 2 or more.. they just seem to be a pain.

Can anyone advice or tell me a technique into ensuring my windows are clear.

I absolute hate them keep steaming up!

cheers

post-45052-0-66476400-1375894042_thumb.j

I always leave my aircon on now, never have a problem with steaming up even on a low setting to keep the noise down.

Agreed on the aircon.

Also as you have climair/heko on your car try cracking the windows down a touch.

I use aircon on mine , you could try one of the anti fogging liquids that are available

Went to the local car parts shop today and bought a bottle of liquid thats supposed to help keep your windows clear.. I'll try and let you know how it goes. Usually just use the quick clear window heater for the front and back but the side windows i have to put the window down to clear it.

you can use the cleaner you get for motorbike helmet visors, use it as glass cleaner internally.

A trick I learnt fron ny old tutor was to give them a wipe with a small bit of watered down washing up liquid leave to almost dry an then buff off work a dream even on the bathroom mirror

Get wind deflectors, I never have a problem with the car steaming up.

Thanks for the replies.

I have already got wind deflectors which seem useless and only for cosmetics in my opinion.

i normally leave my windows open a little anyway when travelling, but especially when it rains they are a nightmare to clear.

I will try some of the tecnhiques used here in the next couple of days.

I tryed to put aircon on yesterday which seemed to work fairly well and effective.

Went to the local car parts shop today and bought a bottle of liquid thats supposed to help keep your windows clear.. I'll try and let you know how it goes. Usually just use the quick clear window heater for the front and back but the side windows i have to put the window down to clear it.

Yes, please let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

I have the same problem and it's horrible, when its raining the windows almost immediately steam:-(

Thanks for the replies.

I have already got wind deflectors which seem useless and only for cosmetics in my opinion.

i normally leave my windows open a little anyway when travelling, but especially when it rains they are a nightmare to clear.

I will try some of the tecnhiques used here in the next couple of days.

I tryed to put aircon on yesterday which seemed to work fairly well and effective.

Yes, please let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

Will do - I'll clean the windows and apply it today if I can.

Out of interest, were you the guy who did the st diffuser and tail pipe option? I'm sure I remember seeing that bronze car with it on from pictures on the forum, how much did it cost altogether?

Yes i was,

Cost me in total 250 quid all in

post-45052-0-43159000-1379249091_thumb.j
post-45052-0-68862800-1378738540_thumb.j

These are old pics.

Other mods have been done after this... but i havent uploaded pics yet.

mines now fully debadged... new exhaust and a dark black diffuser

Windscreen is just coated in water today.. Ill do it tomorrow :D

Keep toying with the idea of changing the diffuser but change my mind constantly. Bet it looks nice with the black diffuser... maybe even matte black would look okay.

My Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost zs - never clears.

The side windows in particular get steamed up so i can barely see!.

The front ones are also bad and unless you have the heater on setting 2 or more.. they just seem to be a pain.

Can anyone advice or tell me a technique into ensuring my windows are clear.

I absolute hate them keep steaming up!

cheers

Is your system set to re-circulate cabin air? The manual says prolonged recirculation of air can cause the windows to fog up and make them difficult to clear.

Vents set to windscreen, aircon on, no recirculation, windows cracked slightly and a microfibre cloth wiping in straight lines from bottom of the windscreen to the top to remove excess moisture.

Works for me just fine.

Don't use any cloths inpregnated with so-called 'demisting agents' as they just smear and make it worse.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

recirculation - i may have the button pressed in.

I thought it was the clear button :rolleyes:

I have tryed aircon and its a lot better.

Will try other techniques in the up and coming weeks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club