Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In Rear Of Focus Estate Boot

steveywonder

I have a leak in the rear of my 2008 focus estate. I know its coming from the top, I have removed the lining and felt around under the black roof strips and it is bone dry. I have felt around behind the hinges and again bone dry. It leaks out on the side by the top of the lights but I cant trace it to where it is coming in. It is driving me nuts as it rains a lot and it is pouring in.At the moment I have stuffed old towels in all the holes and packed it tight in the hope of stopping it.

I am even thinking of using some foam expander and fill up every hole.

I have spent 3 days trying to located this and now feel like selling the car which till now I really like.

Can anyone please help, Has anyone had the same problem

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I suspect you may want to check the rear light clusters. Sometimes the seals come undone, and the water seeps into them, builds up and then leaks out into the boot.

The water seems to come in from the roof. I have checked under the black strips on the roof and I have checked this by running my hand under the roof lining, it is all bone dry.

I have read that it could be coming in from the welds on the tailgate hindges I cant see any problem like any crack on the welds and when I touch around the back of the hindges it seems to be dry so again I am completly lost as to where it can be coming in.

I have checked the rear lights and seems ok but have sealed up around the silly foam gasket and around the screws but as i say it dosnt seem to be coming in there.

Has anyone else had this problem. I would like to give to Fords and ask them to sort but would dread the price. I dont mind paying though. If there is a national company that would take it on then would be great but if someone knows what it could be then I woould spend the weekend fixing it