Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OT - Pet Hates

KeithC

OK, I'm not the most patient of people, the older I get, the worse I get, but what are your pet hates. Another post got me thinking about this.

The driving ones first.

People who drive around with their fog lights on when it's not foggy. Why?

Drivers who don't or won't indicate. It's not hard, difficult or energy sapping.

Drivers who hog the middle and outside lane.

Drivers who cut corners. Again, why? You have to turn the wheel, so just turn it a little bit more a little bit later. Not rocket science.

Drivers who don't thank you when you let them out of a tight gap or a junction. That really gets me into Frank Gallagher mode.

School run mums and dads. I walked, so can your kids. If it's too far, enrol them into a local school.

In General.

People who generalise.

Posters who use text speak on internet forums. You have a keyboard, use it. No wonder the English language is suffering.

People who pick up on spelling mistakes. That's just to cover my back in case I've made any. ;)

People who don't say thanks when you hold a door open for them.

When you are banging in your pin number at the checkout and the next customer is on your shoulder. GO AWAY, unless you want to pay for it, get out of my space.

People who pay by cheque then use a debit card to guarantee it, causing more delays.

Dog owners who don't clean up after their dog. I've had a dog for 15 years and never failed to clean up, it's not difficult, just inconsiderate. Dive_in_Poo_by_N_ico.gif

People on trains who speak on their phone and want everyone to know what they are saying. It's a phone not a cup and string, no need to shout. I must admit, it is hard to ignore and quite annoying when you can't hear the other side of the conversation, especially when you are getting into it. _phone__by_Nihotap.gif

iPods, great invention but please, turn them down. Very annoying listening to the tinny reverb trying to work out which song is being played. _headphones__by_crula.gif

Radio DJ's who think they are funny. If you was funny you'd be a comedian. Wind your neck in and tell me what the next song is. _DJ__by_trezoid.gif

Fireworks. If you want to burn money, just fill a brazier up with it and set fire to it, at least then I'll not be disturbed. Fireworks_by_Red_Bananas.gif

Cold calling, whether it be on the phone or at the front door, especially when they won't take no for an answer. Abuse usually follows. Pissed_Off_by_VicaRiouS_oNe.gif

Supermarket bags, I'm sure they glue them together. My shopping is through the till by the time I get the first bag open. _shopping__by_Synfull.gif

When you're walking down a street or shopping mall and the person in front just stops dead not thinking there possibly could be someone behind them who doesn't want to stop there. Or you've got gran, mother and children side by side walking at the speed of a geriatric snail not having a care that I need to get somewhere faster than them and I can't get past without barging them out of the way. Told you I had no patience.

Cyclists who don't think any rules apply to them.

Did I mention those at the checkout who have to be told how much it's going to cost before they root around their bag looking for their purse. That's a shock, needing your purse at that moment in time. Then they get their purse out, "Do you have a Clubcard?" Then they have to find the !Removed! keys with the clubcard thingy mejig on. Why don't they get them ready whilst the person in front is paying by cheque. Nowt else to do unless you have a sudoku handy.

Those automatic tills at the supermarket, are they there just to make me look stupid, it works everytime.

I think I should stay clear of supermarkets, I think I hate everything about them. Especially when you get a couple of people yapping with their trolleys blocking the aisle. MOVE!!!

So, theres a few of mine, what's yours.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nipz

• Jonny87

• KeithC

• jma78b

:lol::lol::lol: Great topic! :)

Those automatic tills at the supermarket, are they there just to make me look stupid, it works everytime.

;) We (tesco - i work for them) install them just for people like you...:lol:

I am ROFL here Keith, (sorry thats not text talk just abbreviations for Rolling on the floor laughing, just incase you didnt know hee hee).

Driving

Those who think they can drive right up my bum, power trip - there really is no need for it!!!

Middle lane drivers, Sunday drivers, drivers who refuse to move out into the middle lane when I am pulling out from a slip road arghhh.

Drivers who hesitate

Driving with REAR fog lights on does my head in more that front ones on.

Parking - why do people go in forwards into spaces? its so much easier and less likely to damage my motor if they reverse into a space.

Those who open their car doors in car parks and just whack them agains my doors

Oh and those who dont put supermarket (here we go on the supermaket front again lol) trolleys back safely, in my Merc I ended up with a nice trolley handle dent on my boot because the wind blew one that had just been left unattended by my car

Driving on mobile phones and suddenly braking and pulling over with no indication.

School run mums who park on the yellow zig zag - now if I run one of their kids over they would be the first to complain

General

Phone calls from UK Debt management people (just had one this morning), I tell them "I dont have debt" I won the lottery it soon shuts them up!!! seriously they do my head in, its an invasion of my time, the reason I brought caller display phone.

My kids bedrooms - !Removed! tip!!!!

Slimming adverts and celebraty DVDs - they dont work ive been there and tried them all

Holiday companies charging adult prices for 12yr olds, then not allowing 5 to share a room because of the amount of "adults" in an apartment.

General adult rule - I dont see why I should pay full price for my 12 yr old, she isnt an adult she does not work, smoke, drink have s*x (well I !Removed! well hope not)

BBQs - when I just hang a load of washing out with nice smelling fabric conditioner - my neighbour always lights his frigging BBQ up.

Blocking my garage - why? you know its mine I dont park in front of yours lol.

mmm I could go on and on but will leave it at that (for now lol)

Hahaha sounds like we are all in a happy mood this morning!!

Driving:

People who jump red traffic lights.

Pimped up cars who try and race you down the dual carriageway.

People who drive right up to your bumper.

People who stop ridicously close at traffic lights so they can literally see in my car.

People who take about 15 attempts at reversing.

People who stop and have a conversation through car windows with other people.

Inconsiderate people who just bang your car doors...if someone does it to me new car there will be blood!!!!

General:

White van men who hoot at people like me when we are innocently walking the dog!

Idiotic men who shout "reverse is in there somewhere love" YES I KNOW!!!

People who bite their toenails - this makes me feel sick, just feet in general really!!!

People who talk REALLY LOUDLY in restaurants just because they think their conversation is so important.

People who moan about everything (Haha!)

On the topic of school runs - i work at a primary school where parking is very limited. Parents stop the car, shove the kids out on the road...so dangerous!! Yellow hatchings are there for emergency access - if they park on them and the school needs a fire engine...oh dear! It's illegal, get the police there one day!

Superb them ladies.

What's funny, I know I do some of them at times, and the wie will say, if that was someone else you'd go mad. Once, going into a B&Q I had a little bit of road rage about someone not giving me enough room to turn in, then the wife told me it was one way and I was the one going the wrong way. :mellow:

She calls me Victor.

Here's another.

When you are watching a TV program, they show you the best bits before the program starts, Kitchen Nightmare and Come Dine with me are the worst. Then they go to an advert, do the same. No point in !Removed! watching the rest.

Also, whilst I'm on a roll, Britain's Got Talent, why does it take 10 minutes to introduce the judges and the usual palava before we actually see anything worth watching. We know who the judges are, you tell us every week and the name is splattered all over the place. I have to Sky+ it so I can fast wazz through the rubbish. It only takes 35 mins to watch and hours program.

Coronation Street, or should that be Coincidence Street. How come, I can go in a pub anywhere in the UK at teatime and it'll be empty, yet the Rovers is chocka. How many old ladies do you know such as Rita, Emily or Blanche that goes the pub for the dinner, every !Removed! day on the ale.

While I'm at it, fancy Deidre taking Peter, Simon and the dog for a walk on the canal the very same time Ken was there, oh, and Audrey just happened to be going the matinee the same time as Ken, and even managed to walk in 10 seconds after him, fancy that. Oh, and just happened to come out when Ken and Martha were having an argument, terrific timing that.

Where does Graham live?

Where does Ken, Kevin, Ashley, Peter, Dev, Maria, Joe, Daryl, Rita park their cars. They are never in the street, yet they all live and work in the street, so where's the !Removed! cars?

Where does Gail get all here money from?

I could go on for hours, I might have t start another topic but I love Corrie but I do get on the wife's nerves when I moan through it at all the inconsistences.

lol amazing!

O and Mark we have even more in common now, both black zetecs and work at tesco ;)

I have a mixture of all of your hates TBH.

lol amazing!

O and Mark we have even more in common now, both black zetecs and work at tesco ;)

I have a mixture of all of your hates TBH.

Apart from mine is a 1.4, and has a bigger spolier ;) :P

Cor what a list.. what can I add that hasn't already.. :lol: One of mine is..

Parents with either a MPV or an X5.... when they only have one child.

Apart from mine is a 1.4, and has a bigger spolier ;) :P

lol, was not going to say anything... but now i HAVE to. But I also work for Tesco ;) lmao.

Cant be bothered to write my pet hates out, mostly all covered from you guys tho..... *oh why not ben, make this topic interesting*.....

Self serve checkouts, I love em ;) haha. Though i get really .... annoyed (lets just say) when people fail to use them properly!! It's saying you've put something in the packing area without scanning it, scan it first and then put it down *beep*. whats so hard? I mean common? And yes, your own bags have a weight to, so if you put them in the packing area it will think you've put an item down without paying for it, why not put your bags down just as or slightly after scanning your first item? job done... easy! Otherwise... "Unidentified item in the packing area".

lmao..... waits for uproar... * :P

Uproar!! - those self serve check outs are the worst things ever, although I must say that Tesco's are better than M&S, then again it was a home store and not so much caffufle with the bags.

Self serve checkouts are fine - its when I take my kids with me and they insist on doing the beeping and packing - Now if Keith C was behing me I bet he would be tutting like mad.

oh and he is hilarious with his corrie post - made my day that has lol

people saying 'sin', when they mean 'seen'. As in 'Oh yeah, Ive seen it'

There are more but...

people saying 'sin', when they mean 'seen'. As in 'Oh yeah, Ive seen it'

There are more but...

Yarp, I c wot u mean! annoying eh! ;)

What a topic, might actually print this to PDF. heh

1) Slow walking people and people who just stop in the middle of the pavement

2) Tourists (unless you are one yourself)

3) Getting speeding ticket when you only nipped out late at night for a packet of crisps and had to speed up because the person next to you was about to crash into you or something similar!

4) The lack of manners by drivers not saying thank you to you when you reverse half way down the road just so they can go past!

5) Exercising for months and not losing weight!

6) Apple for getting you all geared up to buy their new gadget and then they bring out a better one two weeks later!

Sorry went off the subject there :lol:

Motoring

People who drive with their fog lights ON..........when there IS NO fog

People who drive with their fog light OFF...........when there IS fog

I think its the same people.........

Truckies with 42 tonnes of load 6 inches from your back bumper

idiots with 3 million watts of music power with it turned up full so that i live in Essex and can hear then whilst they are in Cornwall

push bike riders that dont understand a RED light means STOP

people who park across my driveway and when asked to move,tell me i shouldnt have brought a house near a school...!Removed! cheek

people who undertake you on a dual carrageway/motorway either on the road or hard shoulder

The Middle Lane owners club

people who have dustbins welded on the tailpipe of the exhaust cos the think it looks cool.....yuk

people who got their driving license either in a raffle or a lucky dip,(dont know left from right ,or have a 30 ft gap and a 12 ft car and still cant park it.

people who leave the indicators on when joining the M25 motorway and still have them on when they get to Belgium

I could go on........GRRRR

general

Builders who shout "Oi show us yer t*ts luv"......to which I reply, "ok but both of them are shouting at me from the scaffolding at the moment"

Gobby women .........yes i did say women...................the above reply don't count

women who really swear I think it lets the side down

people who block the isle in the supermarket with their trolly's and go of on a ten mile hike to get a tin of peas

britains only brain donor's usually who work in Mc Donalds age about 15/16 because you never get what you order and when you tell them its wrong, you get "nuffink to do wiv me init"

drunks on aircraft

drunks behind the wheel

drunks on the pavement

Drunks

blokes who think they own you ,just because the brought you 1 drink

Kids who think that the £200 you just spent on flowers/shrubs for you garden is for them to pull up/trample on while mum or dad looks on without saying a word

people who let their dog poo anywhere without even trying to clear up

old ladies on the bus who say "thats my seat"

people who are so far up their own backside, they say "do you know who I am?" stock reply is........ no I dont ...but i am sure if you ask matron she will be able to tell you

I could go on

Kristal

One of my major ones is tramworks in Edinburgh - an absolute nightmare

Motoring

People who drive with their fog lights ON..........when there IS NO fog

People who drive with their fog light OFF...........when there IS fog

I think its the same people.........

Truckies with 42 tonnes of load 6 inches from your back bumper

idiots with 3 million watts of music power with it turned up full so that i live in Essex and can hear then whilst they are in Cornwall

push bike riders that dont understand a RED light means STOP

people who park across my driveway and when asked to move,tell me i shouldnt have brought a house near a school...!Removed! cheek

people who undertake you on a dual carrageway/motorway either on the road or hard shoulder

The Middle Lane owners club

people who have dustbins welded on the tailpipe of the exhaust cos the think it looks cool.....yuk

people who got their driving license either in a raffle or a lucky dip,(dont know left from right ,or have a 30 ft gap and a 12 ft car and still cant park it.

people who leave the indicators on when joining the M25 motorway and still have them on when they get to Belgium

I could go on........GRRRR

general

Builders who shout "Oi show us yer t*ts luv"......to which I reply, "ok but both of them are shouting at me from the scaffolding at the moment"

Gobby women .........yes i did say women...................the above reply don't count

people who block the isle in the supermarket with their trolly's and go of on a ten mile hike to get a tin of peas

britains only brain donor's usually who work in Mc Donalds age about 15/16 because you never get what you order and when you tell them its wrong, you get "nuffink to do wiv me init"

drunks on aircraft

drunks behind the wheel

drunks on the pavement

Drunks

blokes who think they own you ,just because the brought you 1 drink

Kids who think that the £200 you just spent on flowers/shrubs for you garden is for them to pull up/trample on while mum or dad looks on without saying a word

people who let their dog poo anywhere without even trying to clear up

old ladies on the bus who say "thats my seat"

people who are so far up their own backside, they say "do you know who I am?" stock reply is........ no I dont ...but i am sure if you ask matron she will be able to tell you

I could go on

Kristal

Some crumpers there Kristal. :lol:

This one stands out though to me.

Now I'm a 41 year old bloke who's worked in factories all his life and from a working class background, so obviously, industrial language is second nature to me, always has been.

But, I have never knowingly in the company of females used bad language in conversation, but a mate of mine has a girlfriend who is in her 30's and she is worse than anyone I've met. If she wasn't swearing I doubt she'd actually be talking and to me, other than smoking, it's the most unattractive thing a woman could do. It just isn't right, it's absolutely awful.

That might sound hypocritical and probably is, but I just think that she should show a bit more class.

It's not going to get any better, as I hear young girls passing the house whether on the way home from school or just pottering about using the same sort of language. I honestly don't remember being at school and girls talking like that, I'm sure I would remember if they did.

On another note, and talking about unattractive behaviour, my wife and I were walking the dog a month or so back through the local park. We were walking down a pathway slowly encroaching on a person who was walking the same direction. A few feet away I noticed they had earphones in and never gave it another thought, and just before we were about to pass, this person snurched and cocked their head to the right and unleashed the biggest grolly you've ever seen, like a helicopter it passed in front of us both.

Seconds later we passed and as I was passing I looked to the left and there was the face of a pretty young girl, about 15 or 16 texting away, I was gobsmacked and appalled at the same time. Never offered an apology from nearly drowning me and she just carried on without a care in the world.

It's times like that you just shake your head, wind your neck in and carry on walking.

General

People who flick !Removed! ends out of cars!

Women using bad language (just dont think its nice!)

Driving

People who dont indicate

People that dont say thank you after breaking hard for them!

People on scouters (mostly 16-19 year olds, dont mind normal bikes)

People with cars that make more noise than a rally car but have the power of a hair drier!

Cant think of many more :)

General

Driving

People who dont indicate

People with cars that make more noise than a rally car but have the power of a hair drier!

I agree with your points on driving, but not your 'general' points.

I call them Chicken Chasers :) :lol: They sound like they cluck like a chicken!

I agree with your points on driving, but not your 'general' points.

Can i ask why? Not that i mind of course :)

I call them Chicken Chasers :) :lol: They sound like they cluck like a chicken!

Lol yea, i hate them :)

General

Driving

People who dont indicate

I agree with one of your General!!! The ignorant smokers

I hate people parked aside me, when I've got the windows open, and they're blowing their reek into my car.. NOT NICE, I don't smoke, so you're not stinking out my car!!! :angry:

The other day, I was parked beside an old guy, who was sat flicking ash out his window which was blowing all over my nice clean car :angry:

I could go on and on... lol.

Can i ask why? Not that i mind of course :)

Lol yea, i hate them :)

Of course you can ask why...

I smoke and i do occasionally put my butts out of the window - the are many reasons for this. Most of the time i use my ashtray but occasionally the window is a better option,

Women using bed language??? Well basically i am not sexist and as such i personally believe that woman can use the same language as men

Of course you can ask why...

I smoke and i do occasionally put my butts out of the window - the are many reasons for this. Most of the time i use my ashtray but occasionally the window is a better option,

Women using bed language??? Well basically i am not sexist and as such i personally believe that woman can use the same language as men

Please dont assume im sexist at all!! I dont to be honest like swearing full stop! But just when women swearing to me is just common. The occasional crap or !Removed! is ok, but the F word etc just isnt nice...

I personally believe if your choice to smoke then you should have to deal with all the waste. Personally i dont believe that you should be allowed to flick it out of the window because its easy for you. I would love to flip all my sweet packs and bottles out of the window, but dont because its not nice for other people to look at.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club