Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mark 5 Windows Misting Up - Solutions?

Apprentice dragon slayer

The windows of my 02-plate Fiesta Freestyle have been seriously misting up, even though it hasn't been raining. Even with the blower on number 4, the windscreen takes a good 10 minutes to clear, while the side windows won't clear at all. Anyone having a similar experience? If so, which solutions actually work? Leaving the windows down when it's 4C is not a tempting option...

P.S. I realize this topic has recently been raised, but solutions might only apply to newer Fiestas (mark 5s seem to produce mist of a uniquely stubborn variety)

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed this too. I have found a workaround by turning air circulation off. Don't ask me how but it's helped. Haven't had the problem since. Try turning off the air circulation

1. Make sure that air re circulation is OFF(button not lit).

2. Make sure that there are no leaks in the car. Common places are the foorwells in the front if the car has a rusty floorpan, make sure there's none in the boot and sometimes the rear doors in 5d models will leak from iffy seals.

As far as demisting quickly I will open the sunroof (seems to be a rare option on Freestyles), and turn the AC on. But typically my car doesn't fog up in the front at all.

Also I tend to point the side dash vents at the windows as air is always flowing through them. they do a good job also.

If you have aircon use it as it clears misted windows up quicker than anything else. Never have the setting for recirculation on unless you are trying to keep the fumes from other vehicles out as this will always cause it to mist up.

Thanks, Jake - will try redirecting those side vents. As for the air con - hmmmm, not sure when it's -XC. But at the start of the journey when the car only produces cold air anyway, there might be nothing to lose...

Thanks, Jake - will try redirecting those side vents. As for the air con - hmmmm, not sure when it's -XC. But at the start of the journey when the car only produces cold air anyway, there might be nothing to lose...

The AC on these cars works above 4 degrees C. So if it is it will really help by pumping dehumidified air at the windscreen, taking the moisture away from it. Fancy cars turn the AC on when you select defrost to keep foggy windows at bay. But hot or cold it doesn't matter really.

Was actually thinking about myself half freezing to death, not the AC system's willingness to operate, but I suppose it don't matter if using the AC means I can see where I'm driving :wacko:

Use the AC with the heating set to high, it's not just for cold air. If you've been running with recirc air, there's likely your reason as any moisture that gets into your car, whether its from, leaks, clothing, shoes and even your breathing, then has no means of being removed due to the same air passing through the vents, not fresh.

Awesome - this works so well. With the AC on, the screen clears in about 10 seconds. Without the AC, it's more like 10 minutes, so thanks for the tip :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club