Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci Bluefin. And Hex Flags

footfistart

Just got off the phone to superchips and found that my car being a 1.6tdci is very likely that it isnt compatible with my car. Saying about it being a euro5. They said that I could buy it try and if it doesn't work hand it back or go to a dealer and see if they got one in stock for me to try. Has anyone come across this before with either bluefin or another hand held device? I was also having a read about ecus and if you put a bluefin or code red in to your car the ecg with recognize it and record what you have done creating a hex flag. These apparently you can't clear. Anyone heard of these? So with this I wouldn't be able to map the car until warranty had ran out? What do you think?

Could always make the trip to Superchips HQ and get them to try it for you?

Not heard of that one before! will be watching this with interest!

The Hex flag has been discussed before somewhere but no definitive proof was ever forthcoming.

I personally reckon it's scaremongering tosh but if anyone is concerned about warranties then by all means hold off remapping until they expire.

Well that's what I'm doing my warranty runs out in mid jan. But I thought I'd ask the question? Strange that. I would drive to the hq but it's a long way from where I am. They did say if I went to a stockist they could try it bearing in mind they have one in for my car. They said on the phone that the one that's advertised is only upto 2009. Is that when euro5 came in after that? I thought euro five came in when it went to the mk2.5 came in about 2008? Maybe wrong.

Hi Ryan,

It came out mid shape of the MK2.5, thats why you can get the early MK2's that have a normal DPF (needing EOLYS fluid) and other systems that do not error when you remove / block them (like an EGR Blanking Plate!) then mid way through they released a ceramic DPF, and a system more heavily reliant on these systems, so that errors from trying to bypass them are more likely. I didnt realise it was as late as 2009, I thought it was the crossover between 07/08.

I thought there was only two different types of dpf and talking of which I also asked them about mapping with a car with a dpf and they don't. Just asking in advance really. I think my type doesn't need the fluid. Since I've blanked off the egr valve it hasn't regenerated and I get no smoke what so ever no matter how hard I thrash it. I just think it's abit strange that it's not or unlikely to be compatible with my car. I want to get my dpf removed but when it causes me problems then I'll have a proper reason to get rid of it. I haven't had any errors with blanking the egr either. I asked them also if anything would happen if I got it mapped with it blanked and they said it will be the same as it is now which is good I guess. I'll have to suck it and see when January comes and go from there.

My information was that the later cars (Focus 1.6 TDCI 110/ after sep. 2009) needed to be taken to a superchips dealer and could not be remapped with the (superchips) bluefin handset

I like/ rate Superchips/ Blufin (i use one myself) but If you are planning a DPF delete you may be best to get the phisical and electronic DPF delete and the remap all from the same place/ at the same time, this might avoid compatibility issues and save money (package deal)

You are right, there are two types of DPF, EOLYS (original and cack DPF) or the Ceramic DPF (less cack!) but both can be an obstruction and better off out of there!

Well the dpf isn't being removed until it craps out on me and I've got quotes from ford for a 1150 bill. No thanks I can get a dpf removed mapped and dpf to back exhaust twin exit for 900 lol. See I heard that too that the car would need to have either the ecu taken out or to just go to super chips for them to play about. Bit annoying really. I am after more power and MPG. I'll wait until January and find out more. Typical the car I have seem to be the one that more differcult to map with hand Helds. As much as I'd like a proper map I don't want to get the car serviced and find that ford or whoever has cleared the map and loaded the original back on. Anyone had that?

Well the dpf isn't being removed until it craps out on me and I've got quotes from ford for a 1150 bill. No thanks I can get a dpf removed mapped and dpf to back exhaust twin exit for 900 lol. See I heard that too that the car would need to have either the ecu taken out or to just go to super chips for them to play about. Bit annoying really. I am after more power and MPG. I'll wait until January and find out more. Typical the car I have seem to be the one that more differcult to map with hand Helds. As much as I'd like a proper map I don't want to get the car serviced and find that ford or whoever has cleared the map and loaded the original back on. Anyone had that?

Yes, i have heard of that happening, you could either keep it well away from Ford main dealers after the warrantee runs out (not a bad move anyway, i used to work at a Ford main dealers :) ) and when you get the car serviced, ask whowever does it not to over-write or update the ECU/ MAP, or, you could use a (re)Mapper that stores your map for you, so that if it gets over-written/ deleted, they re-install it for you, they may charge a fee for this, or do it FOC, it depends on the firm, of course, best to discuss it with them

if the place is a long way from you you have the traveling and time - (i live 100 miles from the nearest decent mapper, thats why i chose the Bluefin for me/ + i take it off in the snow)

Manufacturers are making their engines more difficult for 3rd parties to remap/ tune as time goes on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club