Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuck On "ford Audio Welcome" - Media Centre Broken!

jd1990

Hi all,

In a bit of a mess here, the other day I went to go to work, turned my key in the ignition and radio 1 didn't come on as normal, just silence. on the media screen above the radio controls all it said was "Ford Audio Welcome" and was frozen on that with no sound at all. I could turn the media centre on and off as normal, however each time I turned it on all I'd get was that message and in the bottom right hand corner of the media screen there is a constantly lit little red cog (see photos). There has been no disconnecting of the battery and no power drains.

I took it to a ford garage today and they had no idea, and said it would cost over 500 pounds to investigate so I came here hoping someone could shed some light??

Many thanks

Josh

ps. none of the buttons on the left hand side work, including CD eject and all the choices of audio input.

(Ford fiesta Zetec 2009 plate 1.25)

post-48326-0-68238900-1384537371_thumb.jpost-48326-0-51326500-1384537350_thumb.jpost-48326-0-46670700-1384537326_thumb.j

post-48326-0-25451800-1384537590_thumb.j

post-48326-0-52560000-1384537613_thumb.j

post-48326-0-33609300-1384537633_thumb.j

Sounds like it's locked itself up.

The usual remedy is to disconnect the battery or pull the radio fuse for 20 -30 minutes to force a reset.

• Like 1

Will that not need a radio security code to be entered once that's tried? where would I get that from?

What mk is your car?

If it's one where the info screen is seperate from the radio body then afaik there is no code needed.

If the radio screen is on top of the dash and the controls/cd slot is lower down then I'm pretty sure there's no code needed.

Can Fiesta owners confirm this please?

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Now I've just noticed that your display is smaller than mine, and someone pointed out that mine is an upgraded unit, but its not Sony ? I thought they were all the same, but apparently not......

Ah yep, definitely no code on a Mk7, couldn't see your pictures at first so couldn't confirm radio type by images.

Defo pull the fuse or battery and do a 'hard reset'.

• Like 1

I'm going to try to pull the fuse for an hour and will report back. going by the manual it's fuse 21 I need to pull...

watch this space guys!

ok, attempted to get to my fuse box which my user guide says is behind the glove compartment. I emptied it, pushed the sides in to gain access but it didn't budge! why can't they make these things easier!

A big hammer? ;)

A bit of force is needed. they're quite resilient and will come with effort.

Try hinging the glovebox up a bit from maximum drop and see if maybe there are hooked plastic edges holding onto the dash trim.

• Like 1

I guess I will try in the morning with the aid of sunlight. if I can't get to the fuse I will just do the battery. What confuses me is an official ford garage spent all day trying to figure out what the problem was. could the solution be something so simple!? keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

Many members have had problems with radios freezing and throwing a wobbly and doing a hard reset invariably works.

Ford will never pass up a chance to tax your bank account if they can. :d

• Like 1

My radio was doing all sorts of weird things, and disconnecting the battery worked for me. Does yours have the usb ? If so you could try doing the update through the ford website.

• Like 1

Nope my model doesn't have the USB input sadly, only AUX CD and Radio. going to try the battery disconnecting trick this morning and see if that works.

Now I've just noticed that your display is smaller than mine, and someone pointed out that mine is an upgraded unit, but its not Sony ? I thought they were all the same, but apparently not......

The larger screen is for bluetooth models, this one isn't.

just tried both disconnecting the battery, and taking the fuse out for an hour, and no luck! :( any other suggestions?

• 2 years later...

Hi, I got my fiesta last week and the sat nav/lighter socket wasn't working, so after replacing the fuse for that my radio decided to stop working. At first was stuck on passenger/driver door open, now stuck on ford audio welcome. I tried disconnecting the battery for an hour, no luck! Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

• 2 months later...

Did anyone find out what the problem was because my stereo is doing the same 😟 I bought a new stereo and that says the same, it's really annoying!!!

• 7 months later...

Same here... had issues with my cigarette lighter not working, removed the fuse and now it works with no fuse in the slot...

Then the stereo started to stay on after I switched the car off and even after switching it off manually the screen would stay on and kill my batter

AND now my stereo won't work at all.... just says ford audio and won't play anything or connect to bluetooth....

Mk7 2012 fiesta

• 1 year later...

I'm not in the UK I'm in the United States and I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta at I'm having problems with radio my dad found a burnt fuse.

• 5 months later...

Hi my 2012 Ford Fiesta audio not working or cig light and USB port saying ford audio left it on for an hour took battery off for 5 mins did come up saying something about 1 hour. If I turn it off can use the menu button. Any help please 

got a long drive tomorrow thanks Andre 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2013 at 12:47 PM, jd1990 said:

Hi all,

In a bit of a mess here, the other day I went to go to work, turned my key in the ignition and radio 1 didn't come on as normal, just silence. on the media screen above the radio controls all it said was "Ford Audio Welcome" and was frozen on that with no sound at all. I could turn the media centre on and off as normal, however each time I turned it on all I'd get was that message and in the bottom right hand corner of the media screen there is a constantly lit little red cog (see photos). There has been no disconnecting of the battery and no power drains.

ps. none of the buttons on the left hand side work, including CD eject and all the choices of audio input  

(Ford fiesta Zetec 2009 plate 1.25)

post-48326-0-68238900-1384537371_thumb.jpost-48326-0-51326500-1384537350_thumb.jpost-48326-0-46670700-1384537326_thumb.j

post-48326-0-25451800-1384537590_thumb.j

post-48326-0-52560000-1384537613_thumb.j

post-48326-0-33609300-1384537633_thumb.j

This happened to me as well, but I followed all the instructions on what I should try or do and nothing worked. Any idea how to fix this?

Ive replaces radio, put new fuses even though the old ones looked fine, and took out battery and fuses for an hour. Nothing worked and Ford is just trying to make money from this scam. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club