Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Zetec S Thread

higgsy

Fitted a set of ultra power bulbs today, to the headlights main/dipped, still waiting for sidelights/fogs as they are coming from a different supplier, but might actually go for some LED's sides instead

• Like 1

Ultra power bulb conversion with led side lights. Cost about 25 quid for main H1/ dipped H7/ fog H11. Its a very good match for the DRLs

Posted Image

• Like 2

like what you've done so far fella... your car looks the dogs swingers...

I cant remember off the top of my head what bulbs i used, i think they might have been phillips ultimate or something along those lines. They are really bright but abit yellowy still...

I have probably tryed 3 other sets of bulbs some giving off a whiter poor but poor visibilty at night!!

If i can ever get round to it, i'll be adding rear footwell lighting to match the front, tinted windows and hopefully a twin exhaust system.

Did you get round to fitting the rear mudflaps in the end?

• Like 1

like what you've done so far fella... your car looks the dogs swingers...

I cant remember off the top of my head what bulbs i used, i think they might have been phillips ultimate or something along those lines. They are really bright but abit yellowy still...

I have probably tryed 3 other sets of bulbs some giving off a whiter poor but poor visibilty at night!!

If i can ever get round to it, i'll be adding rear footwell lighting to match the front, tinted windows and hopefully a twin exhaust system.

Did you get round to fitting the rear mudflaps in the end?

Exactly my plans. Not got round to doing the rear flaps yet. As while I have the wheels off I want to paint the drums. Might be the new year yet.

• Like 1

Yea I've been wanting to paint the drums and calipers on the front... I literally haven't done nothing to her for close to a year... Just don't have as much time as I used to...

Oh but I have got the carbon brows lol

• Like 2

Got my personal plate on :D

Posted Image

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Looking good!!!

I remember the excitement of putting my personal plates on do the first time lol!

• Like 3

Looking good!!!I remember the excitement of putting my personal plates on do the first time lol!

When its something you've always aspired to have and you finally get a car day decent enough to display one. Its a good feeling

• Like 2

I'd always wanted one, but never been able to justify the cost... I was then bought one as a present!

I'm tempted to buy another one that's slightly more recognisable, but I kinda like that it's personal to me, and not obvious unless you know me! Lol

• Like 2

I'd always wanted one, but never been able to justify the cost... I was then bought one as a present!

I'm tempted to buy another one that's slightly more recognisable, but I kinda like that it's personal to me, and not obvious unless you know me! Lol

Same here mate no one would really know what mine is unless u know me, but the main thing is it means something to me as you say. Problem with the more recognisable ones is they cost lots of money. My dad got offered H1 GGS (my surname) back in the mid 90s for £1000 but couldn't justify the cost at the time - that one must be worth £1000s now

• Like 2

Wow that's gotta be worth a lot now!

I have a friend whose dad collects them.. He's got 6 or 7 all that mean something to hkm

• Like 3

Fitted some different led sidelights.

I originally had fitted some Phillips bluevision standard bulbs but they weren't a good match for my ultra power bulbs (too yellow), so then fitted a couple of spare canbus LEDs - the printed circuit board type but they looked rubbish when the lights weren't on (too white against the black of the headlight casing).

So I looked for some black coloured ones, and settled for these:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271199710181

They are really bright and give good light from the side and look great against the black casing of the headlights. They cost a bit more than I wanted to pay but the choice in black was fairly slim. The black case is metal and they have a projector style lens facing forward. Total 6 smds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

FOC stickers. Full size in rear window and I butchered the second one so it was just the web address and put that in the windscreen

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Novero bluetooth and multimedia retrofit kit for BVC high. Fitting tomorrow. Unfortunately just like the footwell lights I had no wiring so went with this kit after getting bored with knock backs from breakers yards.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Did it come with instructions?

Am I right in saying it goes into the connector that's already in the radio or does the radio wire go into that connector and into the radio?

Or am I way off?

• Like 1

No real instructions to be fair. Its completely self explanatory.

The quadlock that is already in the car that goes into the stereo connects to one of the quadlocks on the retrofit kits loom, the other quadlock connector on the retrofit loom goes into the back of the stereo. The other long thin connector goes into the module and the mic connects to the female 3.5mm jack on The loom.

Easy peasy by the looks of things.

• Like 1

Does this work with the standard 6000 cd stereo? and is this just for phone calls or can you play music via this aswel?

• Like 1

So fitted the retrofit kit today it today main fix took an hour but then decided to get it all nice and tidy so that took me another hour or so. Heres some photos

Started with the mic located it centrally in front of the interior light, stuck on with velcro that came in the kit. I was worried it would look out of place but it looks fine, I wrapped the main loom and the mic cable in loom tape last night for a bit of extra protection as I had a spare roll, just pushed it up the front of the rooflining above and down the passenger a puller clipping it into the clips that are already there for the loom to the roof. All you have to do is just remove the door seal- nothing else needs to be taken off (exactly the same procedure as when I fitted the loom I made for foot well lights)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then removed the glovebox and the stereo surround/ stereo and fitted the retrofit loom - very tight behind there! So I routed the quadlock where the cars loom and retrofit loom meet down into the hole in the bottom left hand corner.

Posted Image

And as you can see the other part of the retrofit loom that goes into the back of the stereo routes back into the stereo cavity. While I was in there I notice a crack in the green connector you can see in the picture that connects the cable to the air direction switch on the heater panel, so wrapped it tightly in gaffer tape to stop it from getting any worse..

From there I routed module connector down into the right hand side of the glovebox cavity and along the front of the cavity

Posted Image

Now looking for a location for the bracket I found what I believe to be a really good place - behind the plastic panel on the right hand side of the glovebox, its the perfect size/fit for the module and I secured it with double sided tape where it contacts that dashboard and then put a piece of thick carpet underlay behind the plastic trim when I refitted it and it is nice and secure with no movement.

Posted Image

I then decided to neaten up/secure the USB cable in the glove box. I did this by drilling small holes and using small tie wraps to secure the cable, the cable foes out the back of the box where the vent of the cooled glovebox is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finished and fitted....

Posted Image

Tried to update the software but it was already up to date.

Picks up my nexus 5 and Mrs moto g fine. A2dp/Bluetooth/USB all work great.

Phone calls are clear both ways. Mode button on the stalk picks up and ends calls. Seek skips tracks but if you want to change folder you have to use the stereo (pitty this can't be done via stalk). Trying to find a way to scroll track/folder names on the display but don't think this is possible. If you flick onto a2dp mode it will even start playing your songs automatically and again you can skip tracks on the stereo/stalk.

• Like 2

I looked at this kit before going the factory route, you've made a really good job of fitting it James.

I like where you've fitted the module as well.

I read that the kit can also support voice control it would be interesting to see if it was possible.

• Like 2

Cheers gaz, I'm really happy with the results. All I really wanted was USB support but everything else is a bonus. Also have no quarms about spending 200 on it. As far as I know all I need is the stalk with the voice button so if I see one cheap on eBay I will pick one up and see if it works. I evidently had some wiring for it but this was easy and hassle free :D

• Like 3

requested some quotes today from my local powerflow and longlife exhaust makers for a custom tailpipe, looking at what others have paid, I'm expecting around £120 fitted. Just going for the one side, as I decided a duplex was a little bit too in your face (and probably twice the price lol). Watch this space, I'm looking to get this done within the next month or so, and then I will probably have the car where I want it for now until the spring/summer when I will be doing things like lowering (completing work myself) and other bits and bobs.

tailpipe should look something like this:

focustailpipe.jpg

• Like 2