Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Zetec S Thread

higgsy

Ok kingswinford tyres (powerflow) have quotes me £65 for the tailpipe on its own (including the tubing) and £140 if I want to have a backbox - all fitted, to be honest I aint bothered about the noise - I just want the look so will prob just go with the tailpipe, however I am tempted!

• Like 2

liking the look of the exhaust fella that will make the back end look great

• Like 3

liking the look of the exhaust fella that will make the back end look great

Cant wait! getting it fitted on Saturday morning. Now just deciding whether or not to get the back box as well they said they can tailor the noise level to what I want. And would like it to sound throaty when opening the throttle but be stock sounding when just driving normally.

• Like 3

Hpw do they change the sound? Will it sound real or just a note change

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

If I was to have the back box (£140 with the tailpipe) as well the sound will change. But after consideration I have decided just to go with the tailpipe for now. When the rest of the exhaust goes I will look at replacing it with stainless and I will already have the tailpipe section so will cost me less. Don't want to start getting into performance enhancing mods with insurance etc and don't see the point in ditching an exhaust thats got a few years or whatever left in it. Really I just want it for cosmetic reasons

• Like 2

Got the tailpipe done this morning. Went for twin oval as I thought it looked the best. Done at kingswinford tyres (power flow dealer) the dude just cut my existing exhaust just behind the rear axle and then bent up a pipe to fit and welded it all together. Very happy with it. Cost was £65 and it took about 35 mins.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 4

that looks much better then the ford one.

how they should have done it from the factory

• Like 2

The only thing was I couldn't decide exactly where to place it in the gap as the gap isn't even I wanted it central but that didn't look quite right due to the slopey angled bit.

• Like 1

Looks much better!!! I bet your well chuffed

Buzzin mate!

• Like 2

Higgsy, how did you get that small pannel off where you've put the bluetooth module?

I know the door trim needs to come off but i cant see how it comes away? Do i need to remove other parts around it to remove it?

• Like 1

Pull it towards the back of the car mate not towards the door. Pull the door seal off first

• Like 1

Pull it towards the back of the car mate not towards the door. Pull the door seal off first

What a !Removed!. I was pulling it the wrong way. Lol.

Thanks got it off. Gonna stick my BT module in the same place as you.

Last thing i need to do as in my other thread is trace the mic cable.

Thanks.

Andy

• Like 1

Tailpipe looking sweet mate, Im after something similar for mine. Just booked a bl00dy holiday though so mods will be waiting until back end of the year, you planning anything else for the exterior mate?

• Like 1

Cheers only thing really planned for the exterior are painting the drums. I want to get it lowered and maybe the windows tinted too at some point. Waiting until the weather gets better and then gonna get cracking. I need to decide whether I'm gonna do the lowering myself to save cash depends how much people a garage will charge I've lowered and done suspension before so shouldn't be a problem and have the equipment, its just whether I can be bothered!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Received and fitted an auto-dimming mirror from a mk3 Mondeo today. Awesome mod for 20 English pounds. Easy enough to fit just 3 wires - one to ground, one to a switched ignition feed and another to the reverse circuit.

I just used the roof ground, ran a 2 core cable down the passenger a pillar then used a piggy back fuse in fuse 108 with a 5 amp fuse for the mirror ( added 2 connectors to the piggy back fuse as I will also be using it for my dashcam when I get it) then tapped d into pin 1 on the big brown connector on the PJB (green and orange cable) for the reverse feed.

So auto dims when ignition is on and when you put it in reverse it switches the dimming off.

Love this mod!

Posted Image

• Like 2

I was lazy and didn't connect the reverse wire. Both wires into interior light :)

• Like 2

I was lazy and didn't connect the reverse wire. Both wires into interior light :)

Thats the easy way for sure, literally a 5 min job with a couple of scotchlocks. I just wanted to do it the way it was meant to be lol. doing it that way means it drawing power for 20 mins or whatever the battery saver relay is set too - didn't like the idea of that

• Like 1

Not knocking you for doing it properly! Always best to do things that way :) (and I usually do!) I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the car when I did it and wanted the ability to remove it easily.

• Like 1

Not knocking you for doing it properly! Always best to do things that way :) (and I usually do!) I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the car when I did it and wanted the ability to remove it easily.

dont worry dude I was just sayin. I actually made its own loom with spade connector blocks etc, so the only wire I had to tap was the wire for the reverse :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the mirror! Is it the same wiring to a pre face lift?

Is it a case of wiring black wire from the mirror to a earth somewhere then pin 2 from the mirror to the headlight switch and pin 3 is to the reverse. Where is the reverse wire?

• Like 1

Loving the mirror! Is it the same wiring to a pre face lift?

Is it a case of wiring black wire from the mirror to a earth somewhere then pin 2 from the mirror to the headlight switch and pin 3 is to the reverse. Where is the reverse wire?

i expect its more or less the same but cant say for sure.

Yes its as you say - earth to the roof earthing point then, run a 2 core cable to the the cabin fuse box behind glovebox for ignition live/reverse circuit.

I piggy backed off fuse 108 for ignition live and on the focus mk2.5 the reverse circuit is cable/positon 1 on the big brown connector that goes into the cabin fuse box, green/orange cable.

Very easy to do.

• Like 1

Which is the earth wire on the interior light? Is the single wire?

• Like 1

Which is the earth wire on the interior light? Is the single wire?

I think so - I didn't tap the wire I put a proper/separate ring connector on the roof earthing point/bolt.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club