Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Higgsy's Zetec S Thread

higgsy

I fitted my Mobius Actioncam today. For more info on the Mobius see this thread: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/52271-my-new-mobius-dashcam/ Lots of good info in there

I hard wired it in with this 12v-5v transformer from eBay, tapping into the ignition live I fitted for my autodimming mirror and grounding it to the roof ground bolt.

IMG_20140218_144756_zpsirue8uy1.jpg

I cut the adapter down so it was about 50cm long as all the cable wasnt needed.

I then finished it off with some plastic corregated cable tidy,

IMG_20140221_121229_zpsjqi8vg6f.jpg

I ordered to cables with opposite facing right angled connectors, but am waiting for one of them to be delivered still. My plan is to run the cam power cable the other way and up the same cable tidy as the rear view mirror, thus only having one cable going up to the roof lining - this will look alot better/neater.

Cam now come on when the car is started and turns off when the ignition is turrned off, cam runs on continuous loop, meaning when the sd card is full, it will delete the oldest video.

• Like 2

I'm looking in the next couple of weeks to fit this mirror and one of those led ignition barrel so I can fit some footwell lights. I thinking of cutting into the led cable for the earth for the mirror. Also waiting on a submarine lighting interior light.

• Like 1

Not really on the same circuit mate. Some have used the interior light permanent feed, but this is always on, however the battery saver relay will turn it off after 20 mins or something. This isn't the right way to do it (but deffo a lazy way lol).

The ignition barrel ring and foot well lights need to work in conjunction with your interior light. IE they go off when the interior light goes off. You couldn't use the wiring for these for you mirror as when the interior light goes off the power to the mirror would too.

The mirror really needs a feed from an ignition live so whenever the ignition is switched on the mirror is working, best way to accomplish this is to piggy back a fuse as I suggested before

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Your right thinking about it. Glad there's people like you to advise idiots like me lol.

• Like 2

Cirkey, James what on earth is that hanging from your rear view mirror?

IMG_20140221_121229_zps0c78cdb3.jpg

• Like 1

My lucky c'mon air fresheners (blue/moo)(that haven't smelled for like 6 years). Dunno if you remember the dare I say it corsa advert from about 2007 with the little cartoon characters and the Sean Paul tune. Anyway I kept these as I have never had an accident since getting them years ago lol. They are my lucky mascots haha blue and moo.

• Like 1

My lucky c'mon air fresheners (blue/moo)(that haven't smelled for like 6 years). Dunno if you remember the dare I say it corsa advert from about 2007 with the little cartoon characters and the Sean Paul tune. Anyway I kept these as I have never had an accident since getting them years ago lol. They are my lucky mascots haha blue and moo.

Ah lol ok. yeah I remember that string of adverts

ft4_1_zpsf4357ee4.jpg

• Like 2

That's the one mate, I had the all the teddys once but sold them years ago lol.

• Like 1

a vauxhall character in a ford :O !!! shocking lol

• Like 2

Cheers only thing really planned for the exterior are painting the drums. I want to get it lowered and maybe the windows tinted too at some point. Waiting until the weather gets better and then gonna get cracking. I need to decide whether I'm gonna do the lowering myself to save cash depends how much people a garage will charge I've lowered and done suspension before so shouldn't be a problem and have the equipment, its just whether I can be bothered!

I painted mine with silver hammerite. The front calipers are in gold.

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Traitor in our midst!!! :d

• Like 2

i want the grey part of the rear bumper if i can get it cheap enough and the middle grill part in the lower front bumper.

also i want to install the k&n air filter like yours but not sure if it will fit my car. any ideas.

the car is looking wicked mate.

gary

• Like 2

i want the grey part of the rear bumper if i can get it cheap enough and the middle grill part in the lower front bumper.

also i want to install the k&n air filter like yours but not sure if it will fit my car. any ideas.

the car is looking wicked mate.

gary

Cheers dude. What engine is yours? My k&n is up for sale in the for sale section. 35 delivered with cleaning kit :ph34r:

• Like 1

looking at pics i took of my car to install the bumper parts i want for the front and rear i would need to change both bumpers for the zetec s ones. gotta find them in silver and at a reasonable price. anyone know where i can find these please feel free to let me know

thanks

• Like 1

I received an extension cable today and have now rerouted the power for the dashcam up the same trunking as the autodimming rear view mirror, so looks really neat now and only one trunking going up to the headliner. :D

IMG_20140307_155043_zpsv1kpdzs4.jpg

• Like 2

Keeping a close eye on eBay is the way I think, Hyrule (Ben) has just sourced the front/rear lower bumper extensions and got some good deals.

• Like 1

ok ill have to try and find them. if you look at the pics i posted of my car tell me what you think please

• Like 1

ok ill have to try and find them. if you look at the pics i posted of my car tell me what you think please

Just realised yours is a pre facelift, there was no zetec s so the bumper extensions etc are not going to work on the front. I would say your only option is mk2 ST bumper on the front, I believe the mk 2.5 rear bumper is a straight swap so in theory you could fit a 2.5 zetec s rear bumper.

I would start a new thread on it or your own build thread so it can be discussed on there, otherwise my build thread is gonna go off on a mad tangent about your mods :p

• Like 1

cool ill look up the st front bumper and the 2.5 zetec s rear if i can find one in my colour and cheap enough

thanks mate.

if you spot anything let me know please

• Like 1

I'll set a saved search up on eBay and if I spot anything come.up I'll pm you mate

• Like 1

cool cheers mate i would appreciate it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well its the old girls 4th bday this week, so I treated her to a full exterior detail. Got through the MOT on Wednesday no problems, and over the last 3 days I have been detailing (can't do too much at once due to a bad back lol).

So the process was

Full wash using 2 bucket method

Rinse and dry using a Asda microfibre drying towel

Full clay bar using Meguiars smooth surface clay kit

Polish using Auto Glym SRP and Auto Finish super resin polish (ran out of SRP half way, but actually thought the Auto Finish stuff gave better results).

2 coats of Meguairs NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Wheels where polished and then given a coat of Amorall Shield wax.

Glass cleaned with rain x class cleaner inside and out(glass clayed too)

Black plastics done with poundworld (lol) Carpride Tyre Shine (find this gives really good results)

Car has come out really well, some detailing purists/fanatics might laugh as some of the products used, but I find you really don't need to spend the money to get decent results - well not for a car that's in use everyday! Took a few pics but they don't really do it justice as I only have a phone camera at the moment.

_20140329_170903_zps07cf4b63.jpg

_20140329_170952_zps6b414ce1.jpg

Going to do the interior, tomorrow, but nothing to write home about as I keep on top of that on a weekly basis anyway.

Also got rid of my waterproof seat covers, I was finding the smoothness of them was meaning I was sliding out of the seat when cornering (not holding me in place so to speak), since removed the car feels alot better/more fun to drive.

I might paint the rear drums tomorrow if the weather holds out as that has been on my to do list since I got the car!

• Like 1

Nice detailing lookd spotless :D

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

• Like 2

Cheers dude my shoulder feels like its going to fall out of its socket but well worth it :lol:

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• Like 1

Well its the old girls 4th bday this week, so I treated her to a full exterior detail. Got through the MOT on Wednesday no problems, and over the last 3 days I have been detailing (can't do too much at once due to a bad back lol).

So the process was

Full wash using 2 bucket method

Rinse and dry using a Asda microfibre drying towel

Full clay bar using Meguiars smooth surface clay kit

Polish using Auto Glym SRP and Auto Finish super resin polish (ran out of SRP half way, but actually thought the Auto Finish stuff gave better results).

2 coats of Meguairs NXT Tech Wax 2.0

Wheels where polished and then given a coat of Amorall Shield wax.

Glass cleaned with rain x class cleaner inside and out(glass clayed too)

Black plastics done with poundworld (lol) Carplan Tyre Shine (find this gives really good results)

Car has come out really well, some detailing purists/fanatics might laugh as some of the products used, but I find you really don't need to spend the money to get decent results - well not for a car that's in use everyday! Took a few pics but they don't really do it justice as I only have a phone camera at the moment.

_20140329_170903_zps07cf4b63.jpg

_20140329_170952_zps6b414ce1.jpg

Going to do the interior, tomorrow, but nothing to write home about as I keep on top of that on a weekly basis anyway.

Also got rid of my waterproof seat covers, I was finding the smoothness of them was meaning I was sliding out of the seat when cornering (not holding me in place so to speak), since removed the car feels alot better/more fun to drive.

I might paint the rear drums tomorrow if the weather holds out as that has been on my to do list since I got the car!

I painted my d***s with silver hammerite. (blanked starrs as dont want everyone to know it.)

Yunii

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club