Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Right Side Headlight Not Working

Evening everyone.

Im having problems with my drivers side headlight. It seems to not be working, ive changed the bulb and also checkes the fuse which I think is fuse 142? This hasnt solve the problem.

I had an issue with the passenger side one a week ago which was a fuse, seems odd that the right goes now.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Cheers!

Some relay that control lights are hardwired into the gem module but u would need wiring diagram is it dip beam

I be takin out gem module clean with electrical contact cleaner an see does that make difference but u need wiring diagram to diagnose correctly

Each side has it's own fuse so if u gettin power from switch to fuse but not to light u problem between gem fuse box to outside wiring

Yeah that a module an relay for lights are hardwired meaning if they gone u to replace hole module but take chance with cleanin it an block connectors

Checking the wiring. It could be as simple as the harness plugging into the headlight is loose, but I would also be looking to check each of the bulbs (worst case scenario all of them have blown).

have you checked the bulb and swapped it with the other side? if thats failed then I would suggest your probably looking at a bad holder, you probably would need to replace the holder itself, or the headlight unit?

just went to a car shop on my break and borrowed a meter to test the current is coming through to the bulb, it seems that it wasnt getting any power so ive just taken out both fuses and checked if there is any blockage etc and cleaned it, i then checked the new fuses for a 2nd time.

The new fuses have blown so i bought a good set instead of some cheapy cheap ones and it works!

Hazaaah!!!

Glad you got it sorted! odd that the fuses are the problem! heres hoping it lasts!

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, i have a ford focus 2013 and front side light and back lights (passenger side) not working. Ive replaced all the bulbs (front one was blown) but still not working. Does anyone know where the fuse is for it? Checked the manual but doesnt say. Glove box fuses start number 56 to 80 something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• 3 years later...
On 2/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, Globall said:

Hi, i have a ford focus 2013 and front side light and back lights (passenger side) not working. Ive replaced all the bulbs (front one was blown) but still not working. Does anyone know where the fuse is for it? Checked the manual but doesnt say. Glove box fuses start number 56 to 80 something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

try number 74 (15amp fuse) 

After 3 years I should think he's probably solved his problem. Or moved the car on.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem. My right low beam hasn't worked in a while. Thoughtb8t was the fuses.checked the continuity of the connectors. So I know it's not the wiring. Fresh pair of headlights for the second time.im staring to think it might be a bad relay. Because the brights don't work anymore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated 🙏 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Brandoh1445 said:

Because the brights don't work anymore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated 🙏 

Hi Brandon, just need to clear up some terminology since it makes a difference to the advice given.

So here in the UK we describe the lights on the front as:

• Parking Lights, also called Sidelights. These are the very small lamps, normally about 5W or 10W
  • Dipped Beam, also called Low Beam. These are the normal headlights for driving. Often about 55W
  • Main Beam, also called High Beam. These are the headlights which are used on unlit roads. Usually 65W

The Parking Lights (Sidelights) and also the Dipped Beam (Low Beam) lights are both controlled and protected by the Body Control Module (BCM) and there are no fuses for them.

The Main Beam (High Beam) lights are controlled by a relay and they do have a fuse(s).

I'm not sure which lights you mean when you say 'Brights' don't work. Can you please confirm which lights you are having problems with ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. Need a little help with a weird problem. I have a 2015 focus estate with led drl’s in the headlights and led tail lights. When I unlock the car all the lights come on but the drivers side, both front and rear only stay on for a second or two. Once the car is started the drl’s work in both headlights but if I turn the headlights on to dipped beam, then the rear leds dont come on and the front led drl goes out as well. The actual bulbs for dipped, main, brake, reverse etc all work as they should but the led ones dont. 

I looked at the manual for the fuse but it only referred to the 15amp one in the engine fuse box for the headlights as a whole and as I have power I know its not at fault. I checked anyway and that fise was fine. I am at a loss as to the problem. 

Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had a similar issue and can help out. My next stop was the lighting control module but I dont know where its located. 

i had this problem it was a wire n the fuse box not connecting properly i cut the wire resoldered a new wire problem solved

Thanks. I ll check the wiring tomorrow when I get a chance. Hope its something as simple that.

41 minutes ago, mcrae_89 said:

Thanks. I ll check the wiring tomorrow when I get a chance. Hope its something as simple that.

mine was where it goes onto the pin on fuse box

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club