Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'parking' The Front Wipers

The Dark Knight

Read a tip on another forum (not Ford), that suggests you can 'park' the front wipers across the middle of the screen using a method that will see them remain in that position even when the ignition is turned off and back on again.

The point to this tip is that you leave them centre screen when frost is forecast so that when you activate the heated windscreen, it melts both the ice on the glass and the ice on the Wiper Blades.

Anyone tried this?

Surly they just go back to there normal position when the ignition is back on, as you need the ignition to work the heated screen?? I may be wrong never tried it but sounds like it could work.

The Focus has a 'service' mode on the wipers, where you can leave them parked across the screen if you have to work on the area under the screen - from memory you hold the wiper stalk down in the flick wipe position for a few seconds after switching the ignition off - might be the same on the Fiesta?

That's the one jimrex. I must remember to test it on the fiesta but the key to success is that when you fire the car up on a frosty morning, they don't move. Then, heated screen can be deployed as per original post.

So to clarify, with the ignition off after turning the engine off hold the stalk down for a while and they should move ??

So to clarify, with the ignition off after turning the engine off hold the stalk down for a while and they should move ??

Precisely! I did it by accident once on mine - question is, does the Fiesta have the same feature?

That's the one jimrex. I must remember to test it on the fiesta but the key to success is that when you fire the car up on a frosty morning, they don't move. Then, heated screen can be deployed as per original post.

I think they may just return to normal position once you turn the ignition on unfortunately.

Thats what i couldnt understand when ive left the switch on at night come to the car next morning turn it on and wipers move back to normal position so i dont think on the fiesta you could defrost your Wiper Blades as well as the screen :/

Think this is for cars which have the wipers "hidden" below the level of the bonnet so you can't raise them off the screen to replace the blades.

Don't the heater elements go right to the bottom of the screen on the Fiesta so they would melt the wipers as well? Will have to look in daylight which will probably be at the weekend as I now seem to go to work and return in the dark, bit like a vampire never see the sun anymore!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club