Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bonnet Upgrade / Hopefully Bye Bye Bonnet Release?

jeebowhite

I am one step closer to owning this!

I bought a fusion catch release off eBay, unfortunately, the packaging was returned to sender, without the catch! so I started looking around. In the end I gave up and phoned my local Small Fords Centre. They asked what I was after, gave them the details and said they should be able to knock something up!

They should be able to supply an internal release catch, cable and the safety cable for about £30! Happy Happy days!

Left them my details and just awaiting them calling me back with what I need!

• Like 1

haha, its either going to be a miserable mess, or a huge success... I wonder which direction!

The guys didnt come back to me yesterday so I will follow it up at some point after the Christmas period, or into the new year!

• 3 weeks later...

OK so just spoke to the parts people again, they are looking at £20 for the catch and release, and I just need to find a way to get the in car release system, I am definitely going for this!

c'mon james. i'm surprised you havent sorted this out yet!

do it old skool style and have the pull mech down the drives side

Well thats the plan, but I am leaving it to the local small ford centre to gather the parts (I dont really have time to go scrap hunting!)

so they are sourcing the main parts! I just need to decide if I to have a kind of "loose"(ish) handle, or whether I can nick one off a fiesta and attach that to the footwell!

still working out whether I bring it out passenger or driver side, purely because I now need to locate where there is an available grommet that I can feed it through, or decide if I need to get the drill out!

if you can get the handle and attached plastic holder/trim and cut it out to attach to the drivers/passenger side footwell then this would be good.

i take it there would be a gromet on the drivers side (for l/h drive cars) so maybe you could pass the cable through there, if not then drill a new hole (maybe under the scuttle panel) as normally the cable goes along the top of the inner wing and feed that down to the drivers side?

thats the hope, I just have to make sure that if I need to drill a hole, I dont end up drilling through something important on the other side :lol:

I suppose your best bet is the grommet on the drivers side or lower down the bulkhead - this you can drill from inside the car....

need to find that grommet, I presme it will hide under a carpet?

need to find that grommet, I presme it will hide under a carpet?

would it not be parallel to the one on the passenger side?

havent yet seen any grommets, not really looked very hard though :( I am trying to work out if I should drill or use an existing, but I couldnt see one around the pedal level,,,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club