Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Interior Light Issue..

Oliverb

I totally forgot about this problem until today.... I have had it since purchasing the car..

I currently have the Rear interior light turned off all the times because if i don't it remains ON even when the car is locked.. hence why i have forgot about it....

so it has three switch options ?

I assume having it switched to centre mean it should turn on when the door is open and turn off once door is closed ?

and I assume that switched to one side put the light on for as long as needed and to the other side for off all the time (which is what i have it on) ?

does anyone else have this issue
how could i sort it if anyone knows ...

I only want to get this sorted so i can wack an LED bulb in it to make my interior even brighter on unlock :P

any help would be great...
thanks
OLLIE

Hi ollie, your right, centre should be on with door open or just after.

Left I believe is on permenantly and right is off

• Like 1

I thought it was linked to the front one so should go off at the same time after so many seconds (when switched to the middle). It must have a separate power supply then if its staying on. Unless they took the power from the wrong connection when new.

• Like 1

I thought it was linked to the front one so should go off at the same time after so many seconds (when switched to the middle). It must have a separate power supply then if its staying on. Unless they took the power from the wrong connection when new.

See it thought it would have been linked too ...

Damn well

Something is going on then!

When it's centre and I close the doors and lock the car all lights inc footwells go out just not the rear...

Take the light fitting out and check the black switch. I found a bit of plastic had Broken off the black switch on mine and it was causing the light to stay on when locking door.

I have managed to find a temporary fix but usually leave it permanently off now!

• Like 1

Take the light fitting out and check the black switch. I found a bit of plastic had Broken off the black switch on mine and it was causing the light to stay on when locking door.

I have managed to find a temporary fix but usually leave it permanently off now!

Thanks will take a look at some point tomorrow :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club