Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very confused about the engine in my Fiesta

Michael P

Will be collecting my mk4 fiesta this weekend, it is an encore so i have always presumed it will be the 1.3 endura engine in it

i have just done a vehicle check on it with both the DVLA and mycarcheck (i think) and they both say it is a 1242cc engine

does this mean it has the 1.25 zetec engine in it ?

Thanks alot :)

ps. just so i don't come across as completly dense i haven't actually got the car yet so i cannot check for myself, i would if i could!

just to add on as well, comparethemarket seems to think it's a 1.3 at first and then it jumps to being a 1.25, confusing. but just checked and it doesn't effect the insurance premium by too much so all is good. just hope that it is the 1.25!

It means it will have 1.25 in yes. I presume it will be the zetec.

yaaaaaay :lol: :lol:

yes u will have the zetec engine its a brilliant engine ive got exactly the same car as u, no complaints what so ever great car

Will be collecting my mk4 fiesta this weekend, it is an encore so i have always presumed it will be the 1.3 endura engine in it

i have just done a vehicle check on it with both the DVLA and mycarcheck (i think) and they both say it is a 1242cc engine

does this mean it has the 1.25 zetec engine in it ?

Thanks alot :)

ps. just so i don't come across as completly dense i haven't actually got the car yet so i cannot check for myself, i would if i could!

just to add on as well, comparethemarket seems to think it's a 1.3 at first and then it jumps to being a 1.25, confusing. but just checked and it doesn't effect the insurance premium by too much so all is good. just hope that it is the 1.25!

What is the milage on the clock?

it has 76,000 miles, which isn't too bad for an 11 year old car

it has 76,000 miles, which isn't too bad for an 11 year old car

Yeah thats not too bad, just keep a close eye on the oil level, they are suprisingly good engines :)

i shall. me being completely non-mechanical, is that just lifting up the dip stick to check if there is oil on it ?

i shall. me being completely non-mechanical, is that just lifting up the dip stick to check if there is oil on it ?

Yes, and making sure the oil is between the two notches, topping up to the max mark. Only reason i say is that these 1.25 zetecs have a tendancy to start drinking oil when they get to a certain age. Not all though, just some, hopefully yours is a good-un.

Yes, and making sure the oil is between the two notches, topping up to the max mark. Only reason i say is that these 1.25 zetecs have a tendancy to start drinking oil when they get to a certain age. Not all though, just some, hopefully yours is a good-un.

it has been run regularly so it should be alright. i have just cleared out a space on the drive for it for it's long wait on the drive (with the occasional run around) until insurance is saved up for ! i am trying to contain my excitement as much as possible, i think the poor people who came to my till in Sainsburys in stafford this morning may have been a bit concerned.

it has been run regularly so it should be alright. i have just cleared out a space on the drive for it for it's long wait on the drive (with the occasional run around) until insurance is saved up for ! i am trying to contain my excitement as much as possible, i think the poor people who came to my till in Sainsburys in stafford this morning may have been a bit concerned.

Lol, you can always give it a nice hoover and clean inside while you wait. Or you could pay monthly for your insurance so you dont need to save up and buy it online right now!! then you can go for a nice cruise in the sun!

Lol, you can always give it a nice hoover and clean inside while you wait. Or you could pay monthly for your insurance so you dont need to save up and buy it online right now!! then you can go for a nice cruise in the sun!

tomorrow afternoon will be spent solely on cleaning that car top to bottom, it will look like new!

if i were to pay for insurance monthly it would be around £200 a month, and i only earn £220 a month so it is not possible ! :(

tomorrow afternoon will be spent solely on cleaning that car top to bottom, it will look like new!

if i were to pay for insurance monthly it would be around £200 a month, and i only earn £220 a month so it is not possible ! :(

!Removed! hell, that is the highest insurance i ever heard! Have you tried confused dot com? ecar is quite cheap, also try comparethemeerkat

!Removed! hell, that is the highest insurance i ever heard! Have you tried confused dot com? ecar is quite cheap, also try comparethemeerkat

tried both of them, confused is a waste of time and compare the market is alright, cheapest is £1900

most expensive was nudging £6000. i cannot understand why they even think of bothering...

all i can think of is going down the named driver route if you can do that?

all i can think of is going down the named driver route if you can do that?

this is going down the named driver route!!!

oh my sh*t

i'm 17, i have grown to accept that the general consensus is that when i can drive i will tune my car, i will have drag races in car parks, i will crash into people for fun and i will die a week after i have forked out two grand for insurance

Try Ford ETIS for details of the car. It's free to register and just sticking the reg or VIN in will give you quite a bit of info about the car.

HTH

Dave

Try Ford ETIS for details of the car. It's free to register and just sticking the reg or VIN in will give you quite a bit of info about the car.

HTH

Dave

Thanks so much for that, that is really useful :lol:

HTH

Dave

Well this is very strange...

I just put my own reg into that etis, its a 1998 fiesta, and it says

More than one VIN numbers were found for the registration number you entered, please confirm which vehicle is correct

Two vehicles with the same reg? wtf? The other one is a transit that was built a week after my fiesta!

Two vehicles with the same reg? wtf? The other one is a transit that was built a week after my fiesta!

that is quite odd, i wonder why that is...

i'm getting too excited about this car, i cannot wait !

When we sold our VW Lupo, the boyfriend of the buyer was paying £360 a month for insurance on his MGF. We were paying that for a year on our A4!

i think my insurance is 970 a year with norwich union or whatever they're called now. i'm 18 so am surprised at how cheap i got it. i was annoyed that they wouldn't take my 2 years no claims from my scooter and bike! just ring round some firms or try a broker.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club