Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Ii Zetec S 2.0 136 Bhp Ecu Remapping?

LeBretom

Hello,

I am looking at getting my Ford Focus II Zetec S (2.0 136BHP) ECU remapped. Has anyone had it done on the same engine? What positives or negatives did you find? Increased BHP, MPG etc?

I am living in the North West, can anyone recommend a reputable company to provide the remap? Looking on the internet there are so many companies with varying price ranges from £150-£300+.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

LeBretom.

I was going to remap my focus mk1 1.8 zetec and it had a gain of 15 bhp bit haven't gone trough with it yet and can't remember the name of the company I was going to use but they do Mobile remapping so they come to you if I find it I will let u kno m8

Cheers mate, most sites reckon I'll gain around 26BHP. It's just knowing who to go with and how much to pay...

Have a look on remap science they do great remaps and I was going to use them a mobile remap is only £200 and they claim to take your car from 145 original to 160 bhp remapped hope this was help full mate and they use the best remap programs out there no one else is better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply bud! I ended up doing more research into it and have gone with the Bluefin device from superchips. Seemed a little extra but the reviews on customer service etc are great. There is also that option to revert back should I need to... Thanks for the help though mate!

No probs how is the bluefin superchip and where did u get it from and would u recommend it m8

Sent from my iPhone 5

I ordered it yesterday mate. It should arrive today. I'll be doing the Remap on Friday so I will get back to you.

I have the same 2.0 tdci Zetec s and have the bluefin map. I would definitely recommend it if you have not made any other performance mods. It gets me an extra 5mpg ish if I take it steady and much better performance. It has smoothed the power out so it keeps pulling right through the revs.

I am actually going to be selling mine soon as I have just made a few other mods and am having a new exhaust put on in the new year and a remap to take the mods into account rather than the generic bluefin.

I did the Bluefin remap a couple of days ago. I didn't set my expectations too high but the remap blew them out of the window. As FLORYFOCUS says it just keeps pulling through the rev range in each gear. I noticed considerable difference in 3rd and 4th! I haven't monitored the MPG too much but yes it seems to be about 5MPG difference.

The Bluefin remap couldn't be easier to do yourself. They send you the device you download your ECU map onto it, upload it to the Bluefin app on the computer and they send you the modified map. Upload it to your car and your done. It cost me £330 in total. You've always got that security of loading the original map back onto the ECU if necessary.

I have the same 2.0 tdci Zetec s and have the bluefin map. I would definitely recommend it if you have not made any other performance mods. It gets me an extra 5mpg ish if I take it steady and much better performance. It has smoothed the power out so it keeps pulling right through the revs.

I am actually going to be selling mine soon as I have just made a few other mods and am having a new exhaust put on in the new year and a remap to take the mods into account rather than the generic bluefin.

I have the most radically modified Mondeo TDDI 2.0L i am aware of and i have had Superchips modify their stock map and upload the revised map/s to my Bluefin handset, (more details in my build thread) The bluefin can easily cope with the usual decat, sports exhaust and bigger intercooler - they don't do an electronic DPF delete, though

Superchips will do this free-of-charge upto 12 months after purchase, they may also allow you to change it to other cars

The point is Superchips Bluefin is not so "generic" and a "bespoke" remap may not be so "custom" but just a generic map

So a custom remap is better then a generic remap

Sent from my iPhone 5

On a standard car, the bluefin is made almost bespoke for that car. I would say a custom map would be better on a modified car (if done properly). That being said, if you can go back to Superchips and tell them what you have done then they will design a bespoke one for you, then I would say that would be just as good.

The hand heads are handy though as in you can take it off if you needed to and it does have a resale value.

Depends what you are doing and how patient you are I guess. I mapped straight away to get some more horses. It now has an induction kit and a Pumaspeed intercooler on there but I am holding out until I get the exhaust done before re-mapping again.

You could map with every mod but would cost a fortune and you wouldn't see much difference every time.

If you are having a hybrid turbo put on you will need a map straight away or say, removing your dpf. If you are just going to put an air filter on then there is no point.

I have a ford focus 1.8 zetec mk1 petrol model and I was going to decat remap and a exhaust

Sent from my iPhone 5

I would get it done at the same time. There are plenty of garages that do a good job of both.

I have a ford focus 1.8 zetec mk1 petrol model and I was going to decat remap and a exhaust

Sent from my iPhone 5

You cannot really decat a petrol car (and still have it pass an MOT) and a non-turbo does not respond very much to a remap -

Here is the Bluefin for the 1.8L Petrol Focus -

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/curves/focus18.pdf

if you look at the figures, it has a 12Hp increase, which is a little bit less than 10%, - it is reconed that is borderline whether you would even notice this gain (eg - a turbo (petrol or diesel) you might be looking at 20-30% increase) - looking at the power curve, it is almost identical to stock upto 4.5K with an increase between 4.5k to 5.5k, so really only a gain in the last 1k of the power band (no power increase stock vs remap upto 4.5k) - any remap would be the same (its not just Superchips/ Bluefin) on this engine - its the limitations/ limited potential of an NA (petrol) engine

I know a firm that will remap my focus and have a bhp out put of 115 before map and 130 after map is this good or poor

Sent from my iPhone 5

I know a firm that will remap my focus and have a bhp out put of 115 before map and 130 after map is this good or poor

Sent from my iPhone 5

Superchips took a stock 1.8L Focus and measured, 123Hp on their chassis dyno, after the (Bluefin) remap it produced 132Hp

The reason the engine produced 123Hp and not 115, is that 115PS (113Hp) was a tax band in Europe, and the actual output is higher (115 was a "political" output power)

Often manufacturers exaggerate the power output of their cars, or claim a lower output for different reasons

Different dynos measure the power output in different ways and are often exaggirated, by thne operators also its only the actual power that gets to the wheels that counts (the wheel horsepower)

Its not just about peak figures but the area under the curve and extending the power above and below stock figures, for example the Bluefin raises the powerband/ peak power slightly - by 200rpm

Is 130hp bad? -its an over-simplification, but yes but its all you can expect from an NA engine, it won't matter where you get it remapped or what you do the the engine, you won't see big gains unless the spend £££££s

Yo put it into perspective - i started with a 113Hp diesel, this was increased to 160+ (conservative/ independant dyno) and the torque increased to 368Hm, the power and torque curves are also a better shape than stock, with the power/ torque coming in earlier and extending to higher revs this would be almost impossible to achieve on an NA engine

The remap (bluefin or other) will give you a slight increase at high revs but not much, you could also improve the induction and do a bit of work on the ehhaust,(again, you won't see big gains) and a bit of lightening - it would probably not be worthwhile doing more-

You would be better starting with an ST, or something with more potential

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club