Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

The Day Of The Doctor

The Dark Knight

Don't know if any of you guys watched it but I thought it was great and perfect for the 50th anniversary. I've been an avid viewer since the 2005 re-boot but my dad has watched the show since the days of William Hartnell and he too thought it was great.

The best single scene from the episode and arguably one of the best from the history of the show:

P.S, 2 of the best funny moments were when Smith's Doctor labelled the other 2 as sand shoes and grandad. Then when they all flew in to save Gallifrey, Smith shouted "Geronimo", Tennant "Allons-y" and Hurt "Oh for gods sake!" (Won't mean a lot unless you watch the show)

Brilliantly written and a worthy tribute to the show

Excellent episode.

Very poignant seeing all 13 Doctors all lined up at the end and sneaking the new one in as well when they hid Gallifrey.

BTW, aren't Timelords only supposed to have 12 regenerations?

That was mentioned in an old episode but it's never been stated as a concrete fact. Very smart way to bring Gallifrey back and open up so much potential for new stories.

P.S, with Smith leaving at Christmas I think he deserves praise and really commanded some of the scenes despite sparring with the great acting talent of Tennant and the legendary Hurt.

A great Doctor in my opinion

Still preferred Tennant, proper level of manic tempered with true emotion and depth.

Smith looks like a bulldog licking pizz off a nettle to me. ;)

I enjoyed it, but like you both - would have preferred to see David do the deal for the rest of eternity, sadly he said that you would have to wheel him out in a wheelchair as he loved it so much and thought it best to bow out gracefully.

It was a very good episode, and I have been watching since the Tenant era (never really got drawn to it before then).

One question I always have to ask myself... How far back would I watch? would I want to watch before David? would I go back as far as Day 1? I keep swapping and changing my mind, I know one thing for sure, I am no "Who'vian" but I am definately a fan of the last two doctors, but as for #13... the Jury is still out!

Watched an old Peter Davidson era episode the other day and boy was it cheesy.

Terrible acting and dodgy costumes / sets etc.

After the reboot the acting is far superior and the sets, effects and costumes are much better.

Signed, Sealed and Decided! Tenant on and up!

Read some interesting facts about the doctors on wiki then read about the finale at Xmas.

Originally the war doctor came after the 8th doctor who regenerated into the war doctor so he would be suitable to help in the time war and at the end of the day of the doctor the war doctor is regenerating into the 9th doctor.

During my read about the Xmas finale Matt smith is counted as the 13th doctor after the 11th David tenant used up the 12th regeneration saving himself in one of the episodes and going on the scifi rules the original creators say the doctor on gets 13 regenerations so Matt smith will die. The mention of a new doctor is a bit mysterious currently as if the director forgot about the regeneration limit rule when they announced the supposed 13th doctor.

What also confuses me a bit is that Matt smith does regenerate during the series which shows river song destined to kill the doctor. So technically the current matt smith doctor would be 14th.

There's a lot to go through and think about and can be hard to keep track of as time and space is forever and can be seen in various different dimensions, I hope they do find a way to keep it going but how there gonna change the actor with out breaking the regen limit and upsetting the who'vians.

I am torn between Tennant and Smith as my favourite Doctor. Purely on The Doctor it is Tennant for me because his broad acting ability saw him play eccentric and emotional scenes with consumate ease. Fantastic! as Eccleston's Doctor would say :D

The reason I am torn overall is that I preferred the storylines during Smiths era, it seemed to be more grown up and I love the childish and silly approach played brilliantly by Smith and yet the anger is there simmering away underneath.

Here are 2 of my fave scenes from Tennant and a longer video from some of Smith's best scenes (there are many more great one's):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QeWyTXeOw

The war Doctor came after Paul Mcgann in that dodgy made for TV film and before Christopher Eccleston.

The order was-

William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, John Hurt, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi.

Peter Cushing also played the Doctor in a film called Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.which was released in 1966 so is technically the actual second doctor as William Hartnell ran until 1966 and then Patrick Troughton from 1966 onwards.

Eccleston was the best doctor. Anybody who disagrees, smells of wee.

But yeah, Day of the Doctor - total let-down, for me. With a minor re-write they could have saved something like The Angels Take Manhattan for the 50th anniversary, and had the current doctor sacrifice himself at the end, instead of a couple of nobodies. All the old doctors appearing on TV screens in the background was just a cop-out when most of them are still alive. Kudos to Tom Baker though for actually showing his face.

I hope they do something better for the 100th anniversary. Although I'll probably be too senile or too dead to care.

• Like 1

Eccleston was the best doctor. Anybody who disagrees, smells of wee.

But yeah, Day of the Doctor - total let-down, for me. With a minor re-write they could have saved something like The Angels Take Manhattan for the 50th anniversary, and had the current doctor sacrifice himself at the end, instead of a couple of nobodies. All the old doctors appearing on TV screens in the background was just a cop-out when most of them are still alive. Kudos to Tom Baker though for actually showing his face.

I hope they do something better for the 100th anniversary. Although I'll probably be too senile or too dead to care.

Eccleston got me watching it and Tennant kept me watching, until the current one took over, then i stopped watching may give the 50th a go though, but my hopes are not high for the new one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club