Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cd Player Switching Randomly To Radio

AaronStevens

Hello chaps,

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 2009 with what looks like a Sony DAB Radio (managed to dig out an old photo - car_radio.jpg

I only listen to CDs in the car, and while I'm driving it will at randomly switch back to Radio with no interaction from my part. There isn't any set time that it will happen, it could do it a minute from starting the car, or at other times, ten minutes.

This fault started about 2 months ago and I feel it's gotten worse, it's switching to radio a lot more often now. It's giving me a distraction to my driving as the volume from radio is a lot higher and have to quickly press the CD button again.

Any ideas on what it could be? Faulty wiring somewhere? Thanks :)

When it switches to the radio, is the news/weather/traffic always being broadcasted? If yes, this is a feature, you can turn it off in the radio settings somewhere. And yes, it does always blast the volume, it's annoying...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Most likely traffic advice or news.

Go into the menu and turn TA and News off, see how you go.

• Like 1

I'll have a look tomorrow morning in the menu options and report back, thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

It seems pressing the TA button to disable TA-D (which it was shown as on the display) fixed this. I must have accidently pressed on TA when switching off the radio. I don't know what TA is but that was the cause of the CD player randomly switching to Radio.

Glad you got it sorted. Simple fixes are the best!

It seems pressing the TA button to disable TA-D (which it was shown as on the display) fixed this. I must have accidently pressed on TA when switching off the radio. I don't know what TA is but that was the cause of the CD player randomly switching to Radio.

I think TA stands for Traffic Alerts.

yeah or traffic announcements some stations broadcast on TV but forget to turn it off at the end lol

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club