Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does The Mk1 Ghia Tddi Have Abs ?

AJRTDDI

i have a ABS light.. No Abs Errors... But abs isnt working...

What could be the problem ?

from standard no you dont have abs when you say abs light are you meaning on the dash test as all cars with abs or not will do that if you did have abs it would work or the error light will stay permenantly illuminated on the dash if thats the case it could be a great many things from sensors to broken wires to a faulty pump

If the light is on then you do indeed have a car equipped with abs but as the light is illuminated your abs will not function. (we have had 2 non abs focus' and neither of them had an abs light)

If there are no errors then its going to be a hit or miss to what the problem is. I have found water ingress in connectors under the car to be a common annoyance on other makes of cars.

Hey guys.

The abs light comes on when i turn the key to start the car. But go's off when engine is started.

If i look under the car and have VR/Hall effect sensors on the driveshaft/Hub i guess i do have abs ?

Hey guys.

The abs light comes on when i turn the key to start the car. But go's off when engine is started.

If i look under the car and have VR/Hall effect sensors on the driveshaft/Hub i guess i do have abs ?

Sorry I completely misread your first post.

Yes you do indeed have abs. You say it's not working, are the wheels definitely locking up?

i indeed didnt have abs :)

Thanks anyways guys. im not a safe driver so i may need to invest in mk2/3 focus soon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club