Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarkets (Keyless Entry, Programming Keys Ect)

Chris95

I just bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec.

I feel slightly annoyed how the dealer basically sold me this car, without even mentioning the features of the Titanium.

I suppose I should've done a bit more research first.

I was just wondering though, is it possible to turn your keys into a keyless entry? I've heard rumours but I couldn't exactly validate it via searches as other things come up.

I noticed that in the very confusing handbook, it mentions global commands for your keys, where if you press the lock and unlock key on your fob, it opens/closes all of the windows.

I can't seem to get mine to work, so I presume it's either on the Titanium specs or you have to get it programmed somehow? Does anyone know if you can do this on a Zetec or any other info relating to that? I'm used to these features on BMW's/MINI's

Thanks.

Don't think the fiesta has global closing, mine is a titanium and it hasn't got it. My last car however (focus titanium) did. And why did you feel annoyed at the features ??? I would have thought it was pretty common place that all cars have different spec sheets and trim levels according to what place they take from bottom end to top of the range. I test drove a zetec s first, and loved the looks of it, actually almost bought it,,,, until I went to see my titanium, and the difference in equipment was immense. Powerfold mirrors, push button start, digital climate, keyless entry, bluetooth etc etc, and the zetec had none of these.... So glad with the choice I made.

Don't think the fiesta has global closing, mine is a titanium and it hasn't got it. My last car however (focus titanium) did. And why did you feel annoyed at the features ??? I would have thought it was pretty common place that all cars have different spec sheets and trim levels according to what place they take from bottom end to top of the range. I test drove a zetec s first, and loved the looks of it, actually almost bought it,,,, until I went to see my titanium, and the difference in equipment was immense. Powerfold mirrors, push button start, digital climate, keyless entry, Bluetooth etc etc, and the zetec had none of these.... So glad with the choice I made.

I'm annoyed with myself for not buying the Titanium really.

I didn't even test drive a Fiesta, I just went into the dealership out of boredom one Sunday, and next thing I know, I have a new Fiesta 1 week later.

I've got Ford Sync which is really good, however I would've really fancied the keyless entry and powerfold mirrors, however I've already looked into those and it seems a tough process.

I'm currently looking for some black alloys to go with my car, but can't really find anywhere that does them on a set basis.

Do you have a 5 door or a 3 door?
My younger brother has a 5 door (titanium) and he can close his windows with the key.
I have a 3 door (titanium) and i can't close my windows with my key.
I guess it's just in case someone in the back forgets to close the windows or something??? kids playing around with the windows? who knows :P

Do you have a 5 door or a 3 door?

My younger brother has a 5 door (titanium) and he can close his windows with the key.

I have a 3 door (titanium) and i can't close my windows with my key.

I guess it's just in case someone in the back forgets to close the windows or something??? kids playing around with the windows? who knows :P

I've got a 3 door.

I take presume its just for 5-doors then? That's unfair for us 3'doors :o

Lol, the power of the salesmen eh. Have you thought of just getting your own alloys painted black ? I'm toying with the idea for mine, as the could do with a refurb, and thinking of getting them painted in panther black same as the car. Actually think it would look quite good.

Lol, the power of the salesmen eh. Have you thought of just getting your own alloys painted black ? I'm toying with the idea for mine, as the could do with a refurb, and thinking of getting them painted in panther black same as the car. Actually think it would look quite good.

I've got the Zetec, and I don't really like the alloys on them

I've got a 3 door.

I take presume its just for 5-doors then? That's unfair for us 3'doors :o

yup! it's just for 5 doors. Yup unfair, but we get the sportier look B)

The start button can't be retrofitted but you should be able to get mirrors and keyless entry as part of the convenience pack which is available on new not sure about retrofit but cost £425.

You don't want keyless entry on a Fiesta.

There have been cases where this has been exploited in order to steal cars.

About three or four members of this club have had this happen in the last 12 - 18 months, all keyless.

• Like 1

don't tell me that I just went and ordered it for my new ST on Saturday, doh!!!

What is the problem how are the little blighters bypassing the locks?

It can only be a case of the owner being in very close proximity of the car, and someone trying to jump in and drive off while the owner is still in swinging distance. The range for keyless entry using just the buttons on the doors is 2 or 3 metres max.

Unfortunately not..

Most if not all cases are cars disappearing overnight with keys still in owners possession..

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The only way for that can be for them to intercept the signal between the key and car. That is surely the same issue with any remote key that uses a signal to unlock the car. I have heard that that has been done with normal remote keys.

Does anyone know who this has happened to?

I've heard of it personally and professionally twice. And then through others via here.

But question is are they more prone than normal remote keys or house break ins to get the keys?

Pass..

There is a thread on here about two members having the same thing... They still have keys but no car..

I can't comment on specifics but I know it was a problem for a while!! Wasn't just fiestas. Was any car from bentleys to fords that had keyless ignition and/or keyless entry!

Oh well, if the worst comes to the worst, that's what insurance is for lol.

top gear tested the keyless entry on a dodge viper (different car altogether i know) but the keyless entry worked from 25+feet away, and you could start the car, but the main problem was they could drive the car outside of the range of the keys but it would still drive, so im guessing the fiesta would be the same, keys needed to be detected to unlock the car and start it but it doesnt need to be present all the time, i know they are really convienient but my mums has it on her peugeot, i can open the car about 30feet away from the keys through 3 walls too so they are sensitive, and can easily be stolen even tho they are locked.

but insurance is there for a reason :) dont worry about it but personall id rather not have it.

can you add the push button start to any car? quite like the racing still of starting a car lol

Remember that programme well.

They wouldn't lend the hamster a car so he bought one.

Pretty sure that Fords need the key to be inside the vehicle for the ignition to operate.

One idea put forward with the Fiesta thefts was that they were popping out the front quarter window and avoiding internal alarm sensors were plugging into the OBD port and starting the cars that way, this has not been catrgorically proven though.

Sent using Ford OC mobile app

top gear tested the keyless entry on a dodge viper (different car altogether i know) but the keyless entry worked from 25+feet away, and you could start the car, but the main problem was they could drive the car outside of the range of the keys but it would still drive, so im guessing the fiesta would be the same, keys needed to be detected to unlock the car and start it but it doesnt need to be present all the time, i know they are really convienient but my mums has it on her peugeot, i can open the car about 30feet away from the keys through 3 walls too so they are sensitive, and can easily be stolen even tho they are locked.

but insurance is there for a reason :) dont worry about it but personall id rather not have it.

can you add the push button start to any car? quite like the racing still of starting a car lol

Mine wouldn't open at anything like 25ft, i'd say 8ft tops. Anything futher and press the button on the door all you like, it ain't opening.

Mine wouldn't open at anything like 25ft, i'd say 8ft tops. Anything futher and press the button on the door all you like, it ain't opening.

might just be different cars and signal strength but if you check the top gear clip, you see hammon has the car keys inside in a resturant and clarkson takes the car still within range of the keys

Buy a steering wheel lock. Hopefully they'll leave yours alone for an
easier target.

I just bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec.

I feel slightly annoyed how the dealer basically sold me this car, without even mentioning the features of the Titanium.

I suppose I should've done a bit more research first.

I was just wondering though, is it possible to turn your keys into a keyless entry? I've heard rumours but I couldn't exactly validate it via searches as other things come up.

I noticed that in the very confusing handbook, it mentions global commands for your keys, where if you press the lock and unlock key on your fob, it opens/closes all of the windows.

I can't seem to get mine to work, so I presume it's either on the Titanium specs or you have to get it programmed somehow? Does anyone know if you can do this on a Zetec or any other info relating to that? I'm used to these features on BMW's/MINI's

Thanks. 

Global closing only works on the Titanium X which has electric windows front and rear.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club