Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Key

FEWRIOUS

With my old fiesta you needed a master key to program new keys. As I only had one key that wasn't a master I had to take it to ford for them to reprogram the car to new keys.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

Was about 4 years ago but cost me £120 for 1 normal key and one remote key.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

As standard on Fords up to 2004 you could add new keys yourself if in posession of two programmed keys.

As you only have one working key any new ones need to be programmed to the car using IDS.

Ford can charge stupid amounts and also have the tendency of insisting on a diagnostic check being carried out as well which can be about £80 extra.

My personal recommendation is to source a new unprogrammed key off eBay and call a couple of Auto Locksmiths in your area for a quote.

I added a flip key to my car for £60 (key from eBay and cutting/coding) although that was mates rates from a guy that I have recommended to a fair few people in my area.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club