Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satin Or Gloss

D13 HPD 95

Hi all, im getting painted or painting my grills myself dont know what to do, for the sake of £20 for paint, or £200 for a paint job, but what would look better satin black grills or gloss? Could people upload some pics for me please of theirs they have? And whats the difference in the colours, also does one show up more scratches? Just hate the colour of the standard grills and rear diffusor

Cheers people :)

On a black car I'd say gloss, but on yours I'd go for satin, plus its easier to get a good finish ;-)

Cheers :) easy enough to do?

also would you use a lacquer on top or just leave it? and i take it its not a good idea to do it outside this time of year then ?

Before you apply any paint you should firstly sand down the parts you'd like to spray so it's back to originality. Don't forget to prime as well then apply your paint! I made the silly mistakes of not sanding it down first and my paint cracked a few months later from the weather on my own car!

ok cheers, i done the interior plastic parts alright so just do the same to exterior then? and wait for better weather

Don't use a lacquer if your going with satin finish.

It's different with interior in comparison to exterior parts. Your exterior parts are exposed to weather change, rain, hail, snow, sun and so on so the paint can expand and contract, causing cracks. Where by your interior won't have that affect, yeah it gets warm or cold at times inside but isn't exposed. As long as you sand them down using different gradients and primer you'll be fine. If your spraying your diffuser I'd personally gloss it, there isn't too much difference between grey plastics and satin black. Gloss would make the finish look more professional

cheers made it easier now :)

i prefer satin like mike said i think the gloss black doesnt look right on a vision blue car

Get your rear diffuser carbon dipped or wrapped that would look really good IMO. Was going to do this before I decided on the ST.

I have looked at that but im not sure id like it as much :/

I done it before on my 125cc bike and hate washing it and in the end the wrap started to go all funny so i toke it off

Definitely laquer them. I painted the inserts on my grill without laquer and the paint was slowly chipped away by stones etc. Re-painted with laquer and not a scratch! :)

cheers but would lacquer on the actually grills look alright ?? :S

Make sure after you've sanded your bits you apply plastic primer otherwise it will flake off! Me personally I'd go for satin on a blue car! Good luck with the bits!

Cheer i saw a vision blue same as mine with gloss black grills and it looks good, i have got paint where if you just use the primer and paint you get a satin look and apply lacquer for gloss its all one kit so should be good got to wait for the weather to warm up now haha

Cheer i saw a vision blue same as mine with gloss black grills and it looks good, i have got paint where if you just use the primer and paint you get a satin look and apply lacquer for gloss its all one kit so should be good got to wait for the weather to warm up now haha

Could be waiting a while :-( ... !Removed! hate winter!!

I know :'( want to do it now lol

Sound like me mate..

When I have all the bits I need I just want it on...

Lol, i have the zetec s dress up kit in the shed seeing ford tomorrow about getting it done, but im like kissing up to misses to let me take everything out of the shed stick two heaters in there and do it myself lol :D id have a go but shes saying no -.-

• Like 1