Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Rails

tiamaria

hi all i got a 09 focus estate without roof rail , its just got the fix points 2 per side , what i would like to know is can i fit the roof rails off a titanium estate on to mine , i know where one is being broke and he is selling the rails for 60 pounds , thanks

As long as its an estate I dont see any reason why you couldnt?

As long as its the same shape and estate then it should be fine.

• Like 1

just wondering how many fittings would be on the bottom of the rails , as i only have the 2 per side on my estate and how would i fit them in that posistion

just wondering how many fittings would be on the bottom of the rails , as i only have the 2 per side on my estate and how would i fit them in that posistion

just looked at hte rails and it looks like 3 fittings on the bottom but my car only has 2 ? and i dont really want to waste 60 sheets

I don't know why people buy the estates from new without them. They were only £75 optional extra when I bought my previous Focus which was an 09 plate.

• 1 year later...

I have also just purchased a 2009 Focus Estate - without roof rails.
I would love to know how easy fitting rails would be.
I have the same set up - plastic trim running front to back of car with 4 cut outs for cross bars.
If I removed the trim (its glued and not clipped in) would I find the holes to screw in the roof rails?

Hoping someone has tried this already!

Cheers,
Ted

I have also just purchased a 2009 Focus Estate - without roof rails.

I would love to know how easy fitting rails would be.

I have the same set up - plastic trim running front to back of car with 4 cut outs for cross bars.

If I removed the trim (its glued and not clipped in) would I find the holes to screw in the roof rails?

Hoping someone has tried this already!

Cheers,

Ted

hi ted it really is simple ,on the plastic roof strips you will find the 4 panels that can be unscrewed ,once you unscrew them you will be able to lift the m out ,think it was only half of turn ,if you then look down under the panels you will see some silicone or if like mine mine was hard and had to poke a dart in to find it as it was all the same colour ,you then need to cut out a square of the silicone and you will reveal 4 plastic screws unscrew them and use the ford fitting kit to screw straight in it sounds quite daunting cutting the silicone strip but it is there to be done ,good luck mate

hi ted it really is simple ,on the plastic roof strips you will find the 4 panels that can be unscrewed ,once you unscrew them you will be able to lift the m out ,think it was only half of turn ,if you then look down under the panels you will see some silicone or if like mine mine was hard and had to poke a dart in to find it as it was all the same colour ,you then need to cut out a square of the silicone and you will reveal 4 plastic screws unscrew them and use the ford fitting kit to screw straight in it sounds quite daunting cutting the silicone strip but it is there to be done ,good luck mate

if you lived closer i would have shown you how to with mine and done it for you

Hi Justin,
Thanks for your reply - I am 99% confident that what you are describing is fitting cross bars... however I am wanting to fit "rails" which run from the front to the back of the car.

On the plastic strip/trim running the length of the car I only have 4 panels which can be removed and in the location you would fit cross bars, i.e. I don't have a removable section at the front and back where the rails would be screwed in.

If I remove the rails, and presumably remove some silicone - will I then find holes?

Cheers
Ted

hi all i got a 09 focus estate without roof rail , its just got the fix points 2 per side , what i would like to know is can i fit the roof rails off a titanium estate on to mine , i know where one is being broke and he is selling the rails for 60 pounds , thanks

Did you ever fit the rails?

Or did you just stick with cross bars?

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply - I am 99% confident that what you are describing is fitting cross bars... however I am wanting to fit "rails" which run from the front to the back of the car.

On the plastic strip/trim running the length of the car I only have 4 panels which can be removed and in the location you would fit cross bars, i.e. I don't have a removable section at the front and back where the rails would be screwed in.

If I remove the rails, and presumably remove some silicone - will I then find holes?

Cheers

Ted

ah yes ted i must have mis read it i only fitted the cross bars but i find them enough , plenty strong enough for 3 good downhill mountain bikes ,thats why i didnt go with the rails ,sorry im no help ted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club