Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes Sticking

millers

Hi wondered if anybody could help driving home on motorway I over took a car at about 60 all of a sudden the engine seemed to over rev as though accelerator was stuck without the rev counter moving any more than where it was causing aloud noise until I could get back to inside lane and reduce speed which eased noise eventually. Been told it could be caused by brakes sticking ie calapers anybody else had same problem. Cheers

sounds like the clutch slipping braks dont usually just jam or stick all of sudden whilst driving

When I got to my mates garage he had a drive to see what he thinks because I thought the same that it was clutch but having no problems whats so ever changing gears he believes it to be brakes sticking . I touched the offside front brake disc when he came back an to say it was hot was an understatement it actually melted skin on my fingers not at hot on near side front but still hot

Sounds really odd. If it was the clutch the revs would have gone up. Ive never heard of the brakes going on for no reason before. I have had a stone jam in them that caused a lot of noise and a bit of vibration through the steering wheel but it didn't effect the engine.

• Like 1

Having brakes checked on Friday so will have to see . My mate said same revs would have gone up if it was clutch . Said the faster ive gone the hotter brakes have become, so when ive tryed to accelerate they have become hotter and tightened holding back car against acceleration .

The additional engine noise must have been increased intake noise as you put your foot down then and not an increase in revs, although it might sound like it.

Hopefully you get that sorted cheaply then.

Possibly that may have been what it was and explains why I was getting increased revs sound mate said he will clean caliper and put some grease of some sort on and may be a case of some new pads. Cheers

Exactly what my mate said brake binding offside front damaged flexi pipe . Damaged pads and had new discs all ok now mate only charged me £100 all in .

Thats a result. At least you know you have a good set of brakes that wont need looking at for quite some time. £100 for someone else to fix is really good.

Its always good to have a mate who knows his onions when it comes to cars only charged me for parts.

Feel free to share your mates details! forum members might not get the mates rates you got, but it sounds like he is a good fella and might be worth some members in your area throwing a bit of business his way!

RJ AUTO CENTRE

SARAH ST/HOLMES LANE

ROTHERHAM

S61 1EF

ROB OR DAVE

IF ANYBODY KNOWS AREA ITS PAST OLD ROTHERHAM FOOTBALL GROUND (MILLMOOR) OVER BRIDGE FIRST LEFT END OF ROAD ON CORNER

VERY COMPETITIVE RATES AND GOOD