Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Discs And Pads - 1.8Tdci '2006'

nickodemon

Hi, How straight forward is it to change discs and pads on a 2006 1.8 tdci focus? I have bought a full set and would be gratefull to anyone who can give me a guide on how to change them. Thanks, Nick.

Shouldn't really take more than 20 mins a side you will need I think is a six mil Allen key (pref on a socket) to release the caliper holding the pads.but before you take that off you need to push the piston back fully take the cap off the resiviour remove the caliper with pads in .then remove the caliper holder 2x 17 mil bolts.then you can remove the disc before you place the new disc onto the hub clean around the hub as a small amount of dirt can distort the fitting.refit the holder and caliper with new pads in before you do the other side pump the foot pedal and again once you have done the other side do not forget to do the last step before driving off .shouldnt take more than twenty mins aside .

the calliper release is a 7mm allen key - in awkward size!

The job is easy enough to do, the hard part is when the parts are rusted and seized!

Yeah for rusted and seized parts just make sure you clean them before you put them back.

Changed over fronts with no problems. I didn't have an allen bolt holding pads on. One pad had 3 prongs that pushed into the piston and the other side was simply pushed into place with a retaining pin. Will do rears tomorrow or next weekend. Cheers

Rears are more fun as you need to open the nipple bleed valve, and will need a piston windback tool. I need to do the job but dont have the time at the moment to faff myself, but if I do get to do it, a full tutorial may be on order!

I have a windback tool. It just fitted over the front caliper, so hopefully the rear caliper is smaller.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club