Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ecoboost Engine Vibration

Starbuck89

Hello everyone,

Just entered into the Ford owners club when I bought a new Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost (100PS). Was a big upgrade for me and I'm loving the car.

I have had the car for about 2 weeks now and I've noticed that where the engine was completely smooth (at file and whilst accelerating) there is now a noticeable vibration and 'tappy' sound from the engine you can feel when sat in the drivers seat.

Not taken it to the dealer yet, no fault lights or any issues just I'm sure it sounded and felt smooth before.

Anyone had this issue or know what it might be before I take it back to the dealer?

Cheers!

Difficult to compare the engine sound

• 1 year later...

Hi, I googled up and found this post.

I just bought a Fiesta EcoBoost 125ps PowerShift a week ago, however, I can feel the engine become rougher and vibrating recently, have you diagnosed whats the issue is?

Hi there,

I bought a 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Fiesta back in November and drove it the long journey home from the dealership and all was well. Then I was driving to work with the windows open and I noticed a sort of ruff rattling sound, which sort of peaked at 3000 revs or when just over idle, took it to the local ford dealer, someone came out in the car with me and apparently it's characteristic of the 3cyl 1.0 ecoboost engine, they said that its definately not the smoothest engine they make.

Hope this puts you at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have similar issues with a Ecoboost 100hp manual when i hit 120kph+ although I am not sure if this is caused by the winter tyres that I currently have on it. I do remember it was much smoother prior to the tyre change last year. The tyres will be changed soon but the vibration is affecting the ride quality quite significantly as the speed limits are either none (Germany) or 120-130kph in the other countries.

I can imagine how much of an inconvenience that is.

My first car was a 2008 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI Petrol which was underwhelming to say the least, then moved to a 1.3 Diesel corsa which was loud, and the turbo had an awful lag!

The reason I chose a Ford Fiesta was for better build quality / soundproofing. After my move from the diesel to this, it was great. Then once you get used to the difference, you pick up on other things which Ford have called the quirky features of the ecoboost engine :-)

Quirky is a good description.

It sounds like a slightly mental grasshopper in tap shoes. Wheezing and whooshing when you put your foot down.

I quite liked it!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I'm happy to say that I haven't got used to mine. In my XR2 MkII I got used to the power (96bhp) in a few weeks, not so in this (125bhp). Each time I take it out I'm amazed how the pull just continues to increase. When in turbo range, say 1650rpm, when I hit the go pedal harder it pushes me back in the seat and just keeps pushing harder. Terrific.

....until you go anywhere near a hill. :(

I have to say - there is quite a steep hill where I live, and my past two cars have hated going up it! I had to go down to first gear just so that they would crawl up (mostly because of the wide gearing & low speed with vigorous speed bumps and the obvious lack of power). The hill might not look as bad in the pic but trust me on this one ☺️

Before I bought my 1.0 125 EcoBoost I was looking at a 1.6 Petrol Focus, so on a test drive decided to take the Focus up the hill, was disappointed that I had to take it down to 1st gear.. The car just felt so slow!

My Ecoboost will happily go up in 2nd and eagerly picks up speed post-61629-142866103785_thumb.jpg

I'm happy to say that I haven't got used to mine. In my XR2 MkII I got used to the power (96bhp) in a few weeks, not so in this (125bhp). Each time I take it out I'm amazed how the pull just continues to increase. When in turbo range, say 1650rpm, when I hit the go pedal harder it pushes me back in the seat and just keeps pushing harder. Terrific.

I find if I straighten my arms as I acceleate to warp speed 10 , that action pushes me back in my seat. Lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club