Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci 03 Model Lx

mfizz

hi, I had a quick question about this particular model. I have recently purchased it. when u turn on the ignition a bunch of lights turn on and one by one disappear leaving only engine oil, handbrake and battery light on. Mr question is that firstly is this normal and secondly that I don't see a coil indicator. As in I don't see it light up. having passed on a diesel I know to wait after turning on the ignition before starting the engine. can someone shed some light on if this ossified model had to have that indicator.

I have attached a video to make it easier.

tmp_VID-20131206-WA0001-1825060382.mp4

Not all cars have glow plug light I just notice other day most new mondeos don't have them nothing to worry bout just way system is set up

Thanks for your reply. OK so that's the new Mondeo. My fiesta is relatively old and the manual does say that there should a glow switch in the diesel models. When I have access to my car again on Monday. I will shine a bright light on that area see if I can see anything.

But obviously it would be reassuring if someone with the same model could tell me if they have one.

I have the 1.6 tdci & I have a glow plug light although it's only came on once in the time I've owned it! Only comes on if it's proper cold I think!

Must have owned it for a while. How cold are we talking here. Could you check when you turn on the ignition, of it lights up. I was under the impression on the first turn off the key all the lights on the dash turn on all the LCD are filled, even the open door sign comes on. Please have a look at the video. Shouldn't the light at least come on for that part.

All my lights come on apart from the flow plug light, I thought there was something up with it! I've had the car two years! I did at first think it was broken, or the bulb or something was out! But it was minus 5 the other day & it was on for less than a second! So I know for definite it's working! All my other lights come on when I tuen the key that's how I was suspicious! Although I have the mk6.5! Maybe the dash Has slightly different lights? Although I doubt that would be the case!

If you press and hold the trip reset when starting up the dash should enter GEM test mode.

First test is usually a binnacle and light check mode.

Have a look to see if the glow plug light comes on then.

Cheers smith and stoney. I shall try this on Monday hopefully report good news.

I turned on the car with the reset button and from the looks of it. It didn't do anything. Is there some particular way to do this.

So after googling and researching I finally managed to do it thought I'd post the good results maybe for someone else in the futurepost-48759-138671191365_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club