Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice And Thoughts On Obd2 And Auxiliary

mfizz

Just purchased a fiesta lx tdci 2003 which I think is mk6. There are two things I want to do. Hook up my phone and have some information regarding mpg. Firstly on to music and calls. I want to have a means of doing this without damaging the aesthetics therefore I'm contemplating soldering an auxiliary cable on to the cd player. If anyone has done this what's the quality like. It's between this and bluetooth FM transmitter.

Secondly I want to install a bluetooth obd2 into the fiesta. Is this possible? Is it compatible? Essentially I'm all green and I want to save fuel and drive as economically as possible. Personal satisfaction in gaining highest amount of mpg. Hook it up to the torque app and hopefully I can do this. Is this possible.

Thank you

Hi Fizz,

With regards your car OBD and connectivity, please check my thread in the signature "Got an error on your car? considered a code reader?"

With regards the auxhilliary, do you have the 4500 unit? if so I dont believe its as easy as you may think, you probably would be best off with a radio transmitter. Alternatively you could replace the head unit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club