Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phoebe The Mk7 S1600 (Pic Heavy)

Merv130

Where did you bought the fog caps?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

these?

nslf02lb_zps3348d473.jpeg

off eBay.de the german eBay

The cat back you can pick up for around £200 second hand, and it means you can upgrade to the rest later on if you want

I was hoping to be paying around that tbh it's just waiting to find one :(

Them smoked fogs look smart as well!

Cheers for your help mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

this is probably the biggest update I have had so far, purchased a set of new (well second hand) wheels!

the night I got them

IMG_3454_zps9b11167c.jpg

IMG_3463_zps16d50815.jpg

IMG_3464_zps8b508c6a.jpg

I washed, detarred, iron clensed and used the below on them before I put them on the car, hopefully brake dust shouldn't be a problem for a while

IMG_3456_zps641e50bf.jpg

IMG_3462_zps00eb529e.jpg

IMG_3460_zpsf806f2f2.jpg

IMG_3461_zps74197b85.jpg

• Like 1

streetpacks and spacers off, new wheels on

IMG_3458_zps4ac24a23.jpg

IMG_3468_zpsf6c93ada.jpg

IMG_3475_zps83a1c14c.jpg

IMG_3471_zpsc4ca3a8e.jpg

IMG_3473_zps84658739.jpg

IMG_3474_zps512dd50d.jpg

I'll hopefully get a few better shots when the car is clean and I can rope a mate into taking some proper photos not off a phone camera.

well pleased with them though

• Like 3

Love the wheel's. Very clean, especially for second hand.

• Like 1

cheers bud, yeah they are only 4-5 months old so they are in really good condition.

They are sitting better now the springs have settled down a bit again, i'm really happy with them

• Like 1

So this update is basically me fixing a few **** ups I made previously. I bought cheap chinese HIDs for my fog lights and it should really come as no surprise that they let in condensation. This was really annoying me as it looked awful

IMG_3495_zpsed265405.jpg

so i set about taking the fog lights out and getting rid of the condensation that had built up by shaking out as much as I could

IMG_3492_zps262e753a.jpg

then using a hairdryer to dry out the rest.

IMG_3494_zps185354df.jpg

The HID bulbs went straight in the bin and I purchasd some 50w Cree LED fog light bulbs.

IMG_3497_zpse1abbd8b.jpg

Fitted, such a difference with no condensation, looks far better! time will tell if the LEDs are up to scratch

IMG_3510_zps8f0374e9.jpg

IMG_3499_zpsb61b0b88.jpg

• Like 1

the second mistake I made was to buy the wrong HID bulbs for my new headlights, I assumed the dipped beam was the same bulb as the full, and I was wrong! so I finally got the right set (no chinese cheap ones this time) and set about fitting them. this is going to be a bit long winded for those that know how to fit these but I was asked to make a bit of a guide by one of the guys who bought the same lights so here it goes.

first of all remove the rear cover off the dipped beam and disconnect the wires from the bulb, you will need to pull of the rubber gromit around the wires and push them through the hole so you can take the cover off completely

IMG_3482_zps44015dcd.jpg

IMG_3483_zps4a91dfad.jpg

The next step is to drill a hole in the cover for the wiring for the HIDs. A normal drill will do, but I do recommend getting a stepped drill bit as it made this step very easy

IMG_3484_zps633e4ffe.jpg

IMG_3486_zpsb96225c4.jpg

IMG_3487_zpsc6cbb745.jpg

the next step is to feed the wiring through the hole making sure to fix the grommet in place so no condensation will form. the original light wires will also need to be refitted.

out with the old bulb, in with the new

IMG_3488_zps8ec41c39.jpg

IMG_3489_zpsa363a7c5.jpg

• Like 1

fit the bulb in place using the spring clip and connect the hid wires to the original connectors, put the cover back on and it should look like this from the outside

IMG_3491_zpsc7bceb23.jpg

then it is a matter of finding a place to fit the ballasts. I originally cable tied them to the car as below

IMG_3500_zps6ed676e8.jpg

but I wasn't happy with it as the wires weren't really long enough and it meant disconnecting them every time I wanted to remove the headlight. So I purchased some heavy duty velcro and stuck the ballast onto the bottom of the light unit...

IMG_3507_zps7d699599.jpg

now all that is left to do is connect the wires to the ballast and refit the light.

before shot

IMG_3481_zps5264b3fc.jpg

after shot

IMG_3501_zpsf6695cd9.jpg

IMG_3502_zps5f344e5f.jpg

with the new led fogs on

IMG_3503_zps49b8ac71.jpg

and a rather rubbish night shot to give a bit of an idea of what they are like

IMG_3505_zpse16898a4.jpg

• Like 3

so spent all day on the car today fitting amplified sound system in the car, first step was to strip out the interior

IMG_3533_zpsf8bd5d5f.jpg

IMG_3537_zps9e6c20f8.jpg

IMG_3535_zps02ed6911.jpg

IMG_3540_zps66843402.jpg

IMG_3541_zps3f5bea63.jpg

I then bought an SOT lead and adapted it using RCA adapters, I could have done it without the SOT lead but it means I didn't have to cut the original cables.

IMG_3538_zps5054212a.jpg

IMG_3539_zpsa90f840a.jpg

• Like 1

Rear Speakers out and new ones in with new speaker cable running to the amp

IMG_3543_zps6f3dabc0.jpg

IMG_3544_zpsdbe65c8e.jpg

IMG_3545_zps47da470f.jpg

front Speakers got the same treatment with component Speakers

IMG_3546_zps22de3c78.jpg

tweeters

IMG_3549_zpsd3906642.jpg

crossovers stuck onto door trim using heavy duty velcro and wired up.

IMG_3548_zpsec635ed9.jpg

and speaker wires ran through the door loom

IMG_3547_zps9032d753.jpg

• Like 1

power cable ran through the grommet shown here

IMG_3558_zps79dc47b6.jpg

I ran the remote wire to a fuse tap in the fusebox, forgot to take a photo.

in process of wiring up the amp

IMG_3542_zps24169632.jpg

and finished

IMG_3553_zps4c292a58.jpg

IMG_3552_zps7b99bd3a.jpg

now I have put everything back together i'm really happy with how tidy it all is, you would never know there is an amp hidden under the seat and the sound quality is far better.

But I have interference when the car is running which isn't there when the ignition is on. I think I need a better ground, I ran it to one the bolts for the handbrake which I think was a mistake. I'll change it to a seat bolt and make sure it makes good contact to see if it gets rid of it

• Like 2

Excellent work done mate, you have gone to great lengths making a very tidy job of everything

great work fella and looks like you have been busy.

liking the new wheels and can I ask what make the are?

im sure what you have cleaned them up with will be more then enough to stop the barke dust from sticking to them

• Like 1

Excellent work done mate, you have gone to great lengths making a very tidy job of everything

Cheers Lenny, I fear I have some sort of OCD :lol:

great work fella and looks like you have been busy.

liking the new wheels and can I ask what make the are?

im sure what you have cleaned them up with will be more then enough to stop the barke dust from sticking to them

they are fifteen52 tarmacs, they can only be gotten by importing them from America

• Like 1

Very nice, I like how you do everything to make it look as if the car came out with it, thanx for the info about the lights, may I ask what the name was for the HID lights that you purchased, so I don't make the same mistake purchasing a cheap set?

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff, I purchased my HIDs from custom led.co.uk. for the dipped beam, but for the fogs i ended up going for LED Bulbs from eBay.

• Like 1

Thanks Jeff, I purchased my HIDs from custom led.co.uk. for the dipped beam, but for the fogs i ended up going for led bulbs from ebay.

+1 Cree bulbs are great for fogs and reverse bulbs, there were some members reported being stung by cheap replica Cree purchased on eBay from china,

Cree are American, trusted supplier of all Cree LED Bulbs is alltronix.co.uk

Just thought id share this information regarding Cree led as i dont want to see anyone else getting stung neither,

Norman was lucky purchasing them from eBay 80% chance they could have been duds thankfully not though.

• Like 1

+1 Cree bulbs are great for fogs and reverse bulbs, there were some members reported being stung by cheap replica Cree purchased on ebay from china,

Cree are American, trusted supplier of all Cree LED bulbs is alltronix.co.uk

Just thought id share this information regarding Cree led as i dont want to see anyone else getting stung neither,

Norman was lucky purchasing them from ebay 80% chance they could have been duds thankfully not though.

I hope mine are legit, cost me £30 for the two bulbs :lol:

so while I'm waiting on new RCA adapters coming I got my new brakes fitted, focus ST170 300mm upgrade with callipers professionally painted in performance blue

IMG_3594_zps0fcb4766.jpg

IMG_3597_zps4407c285.jpg

look far better than before and once bedded in should be a good improvement on standard.

One issue I have spotted is that the the brake pads extend beyond the discs as shown in this picture

IMG_3595_zps3e3cef36.jpg

this isn't ideal surely as I will be loosing out on brake performance and once the pads wear it may cause other issues.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This is one of the best projects I have seen in awhile. Just want to congratulate you on your progress so far :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club